What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle App

Counselor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have I Pad 1, running 5.1.1 and have the Kindle app. That app doesn't appear in the Settings section under 'Apps'. Should it appear there? And, if so, how do I add it?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, the Kindle app doesn't appear in Settings. Not all apps will appear in Settings; a lot of them have their own settings within the app itself (which, by the way, the Kindle app does). It's a decision of the developer as to where the settings for an app is.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple encourages but does not require that app settings be in the Settings area. They are being more forceful in their suggestions lately and may eventually make it a requirement, but for now it can still be confusing...

jaspurr1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the updated software iOS 6 and the kindle app.
It appears to work, but when I go to open the actual books, the message says to deregister the application and register it again.
I use my kindle app on my iPad constantly. Had I known, I probably wouldn't have updated.
Is there a way to go back to the pewvious operating system, or get this app to work correctly?
Any help would be great- I want to love my iPad again!,,

OP
C

Counselor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for,the I do. My I Pad occasionally shuts down, so I am trying to figure out just how much RAM I'm using. Don't have a need to upgrade to I Pad 3 just yet, so trying to stretch this out as long as possible.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the updated software iOS 6 and the kindle app.
It appears to work, but when I go to open the actual books, the message says to deregister the application and register it again.
I use my kindle app on my iPad constantly. Had I known, I probably wouldn't have updated.
Is there a way to go back to the pewvious operating system, or get this app to work correctly?
Any help would be great- I want to love my iPad again!,,

Go into Settings in the Kindle app. Update. Deregister. Register. All set.

Most reactions

Latest posts