What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle app

philippa89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M new to iPad and want to download some books I can't find on iBooks! At the moment I can only download samples, can anyone help me with downloading the full text?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have the Kindle app and buy Kindle books (or get Kindle freebies), your login should allow you to download Kindle books in similar fashion to how you download samples. Instead of hitting the button to send a sample, you purchase the book and send it to your iPad from the Amazon Kindle website.

OP
P

philippa89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did that, but when I click purchase it takes me to my physical billing address info and not a download screen like with a sample! So frustrated!

OP
P

philippa89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I managed to figure it out, thank you! Just had to press continue!

gannh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the kindle app. dont have an actual kindle...when i open the kindle app theres nothing there that says search or buy books...IDK?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the kindle app. dont have an actual kindle...when i open the kindle app theres nothing there that says search or buy books...IDK?

And it won't. Apple change the rules a couple of years ago and so Amazon changed their buying rules. You can not buy books from Amazon via the Kindle app. You have to use the Safari app to log into Amazon, buy a book and send it to your app.

Amazon has made a handy web site for going right to the Kindle store (via Safari). It's here: http://www.amazon.com/iPadKindleStore. Once you've gone to that site/link, you can save it to your homescreen as a bookmark for quick and easy access.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts