What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle app

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Talking about the Kindle app... Even though we have a few Kindles, the Kindle app on our trusty iPad 2 was our go-to reader. However, since the latest update on the Kindle Touch, it is now competing with some good success! And lo and behold, a Kindle Paperwhite is on the way.

But not to worry, trusty iPad 2, you're still at the overall top.

Reaction score
Speaking of Kindles and the Kindle iPad app, does anybody else have a problem with syncing between devices. If I'm reading on my Kindle, and then go to my iPad, the iPad does not recognize where I left off. Any thoughts?

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Usually if your wifi on the Kindle is on when you stop reading, and then the iPad wifi is on when going to the same book, they are synced.

DerbyDad03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my wife an iPad for Mother's Day, but I use it much more than she does. I "let" her use it whenever she wants, without hesitation, but I've run up at least 10:1 Time Of Possession.

She did some research and asked for a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas, which I gladly bought her. 3 weeks later, and she wants me to return the Kindle and get her a iPad.

Yes dear, coming right up!

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of Kindles and the Kindle iPad app, does anybody else have a problem with syncing between devices. If I'm reading on my Kindle, and then go to my iPad, the iPad does not recognize where I left off. Any thoughts?

Same here. I ALWAYS leave the WiFi on in all my kindles and my iPad. I use the Kindle app in my Samsung tablet and my android phone also. For some reason, the iPad almost NEVER syncs correctly which is really annoying.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't noticed synching probs on the Kindle app as long as I have devices on wifi or 3G/4G when stopping and restarting a book, with the exception of some personal docs. On the Kindle app on iPad, there's also a refresh button (a curly arrow on the upper right), that you can hit to make sure that a book is synched across all devices to the furthest position read.

Right now, I use the Kindle app on iPad 2 and 4, iPod touch 4 and 5, iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy Note I, two Kindle HD 7s, and rarely on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and a very old Kindle e-ink reader.

I also use Audible audiobooks on these devices, and haven't noticed synching probs either. I mention that because Amazon also owns Audible.

Pink Sparkles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the kindle app, but deleted it shortly thereafter. I didn't like it's lack of organization.
Also, I prefer long-term reading on the kindle e-ink reader.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the kindle app, but deleted it shortly thereafter. I didn't like it's lack of organization.
Also, I prefer long-term reading on the kindle e-ink reader.

I agree about the lack of collections on the iPad app. That sucks.

Most reactions

Latest posts