What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle App installed but where is it?

Jcooke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the free kindle app, it says in apps that it has been installed and I can see it in iTunes but I can't see it in my iPad! What have I done wrong! Please help, I have tried syncing a number of times but no luck:confused:

Markswheels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you download it through iTunes? If so, did you sync your iPad with iTunes?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you connect your iPad to the computer, select it in iTunes. Go to the Apps link at the top. Make sure you are set to Sync Apps, and also that the app you want to sync has a checkmark next to it. Then sync.

Or you can go to the App Store on your iPad, tap the Purchased icon at the bottom, find your app and download it directly to the iPad. You'll want to be on a Wi-Fi network to do it this way.

OP
J

Jcooke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but no joy

Thanks for the advice I've done both of these but no joy.

I can see the app on my PC and it says installed. When I go to the apps store it says that Kindle is already installed so I can't install it. When i'm on the PC I can see the pages of the iPad and it's there but it's just not there in the actual iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, a restart has been known to re-appear missing app icons.

Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Also, on the off chance that you are really new to the iPad, try swiping the screen to the left or right and see if the app is on a different screen.

Highway Star

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had that happen to me yesterday. I looked for it all over, turned it on & off, never could find it. I could see that I had installed it in my Itunes library but just couldn't see it on my ipad screen. So I just removed it, re-checked it & then re- installed it it appeared right way. That was really weird though, I had never experienced that before

WilliamC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Highway Star said:
I had that happen to me yesterday. I looked for it all over, turned it on & off, never could find it. I could see that I had installed it in my Itunes library but just couldn't see it on my ipad screen. So I just removed it, re-checked it & then re- installed it it appeared right way. That was really weird though, I had never experienced that before

Here's one way to find an app:
Connect the iPad (or iPhone) to iTunes
Click on "Apps" at the top
Select "sort by name" in the pull down list at the top of the app list
Locate the app and make sure the check box has been selected
Double click on the app name
The graphic of the screens should display the page containing the app and a blue border will be around the app icon.

I hope this helps.

OP
J

Jcooke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's magically reappeared!

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. Bizarrely today it has magically reappeared, in the end I didn't do anything! Hopefully it will remain where it is and not go AWOL again!

Most reactions

Latest posts