What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kindle app DESTROYS ibooks imo

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how to do it, but I believe the Stanza app will supposedly read any format.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
does the kindle app allow you to import pdf's from email? I do not buy books on ibook, but I do use it as a pdf reader for legal docs. It has served its purpose thus far, but I am always looking for cheaper, better options.

What is cheaper than free? You can read pdfs in ibooks for free. The kindle app for ipad/iphone doesn't allow anything other than kindle books to be read.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how to do it, but I believe the Stanza app will supposedly read any format.

No, it doesn't support any format. From their website

Stanza iPhone / iPod Touch supports eReader with or without DRM and ePub without DRM.

I had to convert all my books to epub when I still used Stanza on my iphone. Since ibooks also reads epub natively, I have no need for Stanza anymore.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I know some of you have Android phones and such, and Kindle is now on Android! I don't have an Android product, but I am always glad to see good reading software available on everything....

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

No, it doesn't support any format. From their website

Stanza iPhone / iPod Touch supports eReader with or without DRM and ePub without DRM.

I had to convert all my books to epub when I still used Stanza on my iphone. Since ibooks also reads epub natively, I have no need for Stanza anymore.

Actually Stanza for iPad can read ePub, eReader, PDF, Comic Book (CBR and CBZ) and DjVu. All formats can even be dragged and dropped within iTunes....

OP
M

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enjoy your ban waltwear, you douchebag spammer.

2edqclz.gif

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle still smokes iBooks for reading and purchasing books, but iBooks just took a major leap forward for me as a .pdf reader. I had been using the GoodReader app (which is well worth 99¢), but thanks to this forum, I just found out that iBooks will read .pdf's! All you do is open iTunes and click on Books on the left side of the screen. Now open whatever you use to "explore" your computer's file system and locate your .pdf's. Now you can either drag & drop them into the Books screen or Copy & Paste into the books screen. Sync your iPad and voila!

Look, if a Windows person can figure this out, anyone can!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I still prefer Goodreader for my PDF's.... Main reason is Goodreader has Dropbox integration and iBooks does not. I just slap a bunch of PDF's out on the cloud, and pull down as needed.....

And, I can't defend this, but I just like reading PDF's better in Goodreader.....

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the perfect book reader software for me would have :
- night mode like Kobo
- integrated dictionary like iBooks
- it lets me change the font to one with no serifs

Last edited:

Most reactions