What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle and iBookstore

Yawar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I open a book that I buy in kindle app in the iBookstore? The problem is that I like the way a book looks in the bookstore but there are not too many choices there. Kindle app being part of amazon offers a much bigger variety of books.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yawar said:
Can I open a book that I buy in kindle app in the iBookstore? The problem is that I like the way a book looks in the bookstore but there are not too many choices there. Kindle app being part of amazon offers a much bigger variety of books.

I don't think you can but I'm sure someone will be along to give you definite answer by the way.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
Yawar said:

That is not possible.

Kindle ebooks are DRM protected, meaning that you can only open&read them with one of the official Amazon Kindle apps.

There is a work-around, but I am not sure of it's legality.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
That is not possible.

Kindle ebooks are DRM protected, meaning that you can only open&read them with one of the official Amazon Kindle apps.

There is a work-around, but I am not sure of it's legality.

depends on the country, some have laws that say once you purchase something, it is yours, so removing drm, making digital copies of DVD for personal use etc is legal, but best check the local law though

Most reactions

Latest posts