What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindel not working

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I I downloaded kindel for ipad2 and when I go into it
To search for a book it always says no results found help

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you registered that Kindle app with your Amazon account? If you have, then there should be an Archive button on the app's homescreen. Pressing that will take you to your account on Amazon, where you can download any/all books you have gotten from Amazon.

The app itself is not a book search app. It's a direct line/feed to Amazon. In addition, to actually buy books at Amazon, you have to go to Amazon via a web browser, you can't purchase them in-app any longer. This also means you can't browse within the app itself for books availabe for sale on Amazon. That function was removed late summer of this year...

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The kindle search in the app only searches for books you've purchased. You can't search for Kindle books to buy in the Kindle app. Amazon had to remove that functionality or pay Apple 30% of each purchase due to their <insert your favorite swear here) in-app purchasing policy. They can't even link to the kindle store from the app. More info here: Amazon caves to Apple, drops Kindle's in-app button - Computerworld

So you have to go to Amazon and buy it there, then it will sync up to your iPad.

Or if you're like me and have an Android phone, you can use the app on it the way it's meant to be to search for and purchase books, then they will sync back to your iPad. This is typically how I purchase books, although the website works equally well.

It sucks, in all honesty. I guess I just had gotten used to in-app purchasing so the lack of it is quite annoying. But I can't fault Amazon for not wanting to pay Apple tens (hundreds?) of millions of dollars for doing nothing but allowing a link to the kindle store.

Last edited:
OP
wullie1967

wullie1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys apple at it again I should have known,well I'm due my phone upgrade today was going to get iPhone 4s to link to my iPad but after all the stuff I can't open cause no flashplayer etc I have decided to stay on the android side so htc sensation xl getting delivered on Friday thanks again

Most reactions

Latest posts