What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kind of scared! want to take my jailbroke ipad 3.2 to 4.2

growthweb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checking if its safe to take a jailbroke 3.2 Ipad to a 4.0 4.1 or 4.2? Dont need the jailbreak anymore. Backup shsh is on file. Sorry if this has been answered before. Is there a link to a tutorial on how to do this? Thanks for any info

Last edited:

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought 4.2 is not out till November? Has it been released early? How do I get it?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had a jailbroken ipad , upgraded to a 4.2beta. i could not speak for everyone. but i didnt encounter any problem during upgrading.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get to know a developer. No it's Beta Only and a bit flaky at times I suggest wait until release nov

Col

Colin no need a developer, but i agree with you is buggy and not so stable … i upgrade 3 (one for me 2 for friend) this week-end and all be downgrade a day after … but i should say ipad with folder is much much better

For the one know a little in computing , just have try :) , you can find here a post how to do Down>Up & UP > Down

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very buggy. Well, actually, I had only one problem. I could not access the internet out of my home. At all.

It was two sad sad days! Had to downgrade back ~

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very buggy. Well, actually, I had only one problem. I could not access the internet out of my home. At all.

It was two sad sad days! Had to downgrade back ~

2 days without internet?! terribly awful! is it really the 4.2? i bring with me my ipad out, i dont have problems connecting to the internet (knock on wood) via wifi though.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checking if its safe to take a jailbroke 3.2 Ipad to a 4.0 4.1 or 4.2? Dont need the jailbreak anymore. Backup shsh is on file. Sorry if this has been answered before. Is there a link to a tutorial on how to do this? Thanks for any info

NOT RECOMMENDED.

It is very buggy still. Wait and see if they fix the bugs in November and then upgrade.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gee I must have a real lemon! I installed iOS 4.2 and have had virtually ZERO problems at all. But then again, my iPad is WiFi only. I have probably received updates to over 20 apps so far and I am sure there are more to come.

Maybe I should send my iPad back to Apple and ask for one that has problems!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gee I must have a real lemon! I installed iOS 4.2 and have had virtually ZERO problems at all. But then again, my iPad is WiFi only. I have probably received updates to over 20 apps so far and I am sure there are more to come.

high five on that! ;) but then i also have a wifi only ipad!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I Got trouble with Wifi only …. is possible than depend on the source of the firmware … my source is safe (come from a friend developer) , or depend also on what you did in your iPad: aka just surfing or working with

but as many say, too buggy stay away from this release

PS: i am happy for that your one work fine

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

7f2bf0b9.png

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using 4.2 for about a week and while there are some issues, none a serious enough for me to downgrade back.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

7f2bf0b9.png

ROFLMAO!!! Good one Marie!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Most reactions

Latest posts