What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kickstarter

CRVetrano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use kickstarter to try to fund app development? Kickstarter could seriously use more educational / child friendly projects. I'd love to put a project up to build a children's learning suite but really fear that the Kickstarter crowd is simply not going to fund.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have the links handy (and having routing issues on my connection) but I know I've seen a few iOS related projects including games on kickstarter fairly recently. The main thing is that if you want to get supporters for a kickstarter project you have to advertise it to the right crowds.

OP
C

CRVetrano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have the links handy (and having routing issues on my connection) but I know I've seen a few iOS related projects including games on kickstarter fairly recently. The main thing is that if you want to get supporters for a kickstarter project you have to advertise it to the right crowds.

Agreed. Just seems quite tough to get to the right markets sometimes. Most places don't allow that kind of "Free" advertising.

Reaction score
Agreed. Just seems quite tough to get to the right markets sometimes. Most places don't allow that kind of "Free" advertising.

We are in the same shoes. Our campaign is running for a children story app development, but got stuck around 25% and I'm out of ideas to market it more.
Check out the campaign by searching for "Children of the Elements" on kickstarter.

Any ideas?
I'm sure though there are successful campaigns. Some say if you can make it to the front page of kickstarter you are done, funded. Also some rely heavily on personal contacts.

Most reactions