What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicked out of Safari

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something strange started happening a couple of days ago. I will be surfing web sites when suddenly Safari quits and I'm back to my home screen. I just tried making a hotel reservation, but each time I was filling in the information, Safari would quit and I'd be back to the home careen. Any thoughts about what might be causing this or what I could do to resolve it?
Thanks, Bernie

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a classic sign of low memory.

To try and minimise the chances of it happening, double tap the home button, hold an icon until they all start to wiggle, and then remove all the icons in the multitasking bar until you are just left with Safari. That should ensure only Safari is consuming your precious iPad RAM. See how you get on with that.

OP
H

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to install the Google Chrome app, but as soon as I click on the "free" button, I get kicked out to the home screen.
The problem continues.

OP
H

hberninger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did a complete reset and, so far, it seems to be working.

Most reactions