What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kick out

Reaction score
I am a new iPad user. I have noticed at times when I am using keynote on my iPad with a few other programs open that I will get kicked out of keynote to my home screen. Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone think I have a problem with my iPad? Am I missing something regarding my settings? Thanks!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's just your iPad running out of memory and the applicaiton being unable to recover. IOS is actually quite good at memory management and will kick things out of RAM when it needs to, but sometimes it is just not quick enough and an App wil have no other option but to exit... There is only 256MB or ram available after all, and IOS takes a good chunk.
That's whey you go back to the home screen on occasion.
I wouldn't worry about it in terns of you having a bad iPad.

Hope that helps.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. You can always do a hard reset every now and then to try and prevent that but post above me is right it's just the ipad running out of RAM.

Most reactions

Latest posts