What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keypad problems

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
my new pro 12.9 I’m having problems typing. While typing on some forums if not all some of the letters don’t show up. I’m wondering if anybody else is having typing problems?

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It takes awhile to get used to typing on the iPad screen. Turn on the key click sound, if necessary, and note whether you see a letter appear with each click.

Is your screen clean?

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It’s new and I’ve had a pro for 3 years.

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Made an appointment for tomorrow. Mostly the l/L and the o/O plus the space bar.

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No luck with apple but I have been more careful but still getting missing l, ,o and space. Had to correct this post as l missing in still, only got the, with o missing including this o. Going to have to insist on something when I get back from vacation.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the same problem when using the keyboard in landscape and portrait mode? Having the keys work in one orientation but not the other could be an indication of problems with the touchscreen.

OP
D

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That’s a great idea. I hadn’t thought about landscape mode. I’m using landscape to answer this and so far the o, l, and the space bar work fine. You many be on something. (Looks Ike it may be a problem in port mode. Lol. I typed part).......just switched back to landscape and it works as it should. As you can see what it did in portrait mode. Part was supposed to be portrait but because it messed up and no o it switched it to the part.

Last edited:

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What twerppoet said. This will show if there are dead spots in the digitizer screen. Use your finger not the pencil as each one uses a different method of detection

Most reactions

Latest posts