What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keypad just keeps disapearing from the bottom of the screen.any help

kizersorze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I turn the iPad on, work with it for an hour and then the keypad disappears from the screen. I have to turn the power off to get it working again. Anyone else had a problem like this? If so how is it fixed.

Sent from my iPad

OP
K

kizersorze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Have you ever connected a bluetooth keyboard to the iPad and if so, was it in range (within 10m), when the keyboard disappeared?

Yes I did! It's on the floor nearby but I'm not using it! Should I turn the blutooth off

Sent from my iPad

Reaction score
kizersorze said:
Yes I did! It's on the floor nearby but I'm not using it! Should I turn the blutooth off

Sent from my iPad

When the iPad connects to a bluetooth keyboard, the onscreen keyboard gets minimized. So if you arent actually typing on the bluetooth keyboard, it is a good idea to turn off Bluetooth, just so that your onscreen keyboard does not disappear ;)

Last edited:
OP
K

kizersorze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When the iPad connects to a bluetooth keyboard, the onscreen keyboard gets minimized. So if you arent actually typing on the bluetooth keyboard, it is a good idea to turn off Bluetooth, kust so that your onscreen keyboard does not disappear ;)

Thanks for the top tip! Simple really and I should have thought as much. I have turned off Bluetooth and it's ok up to now. Brilliant! Now go and help a mother novice master Jedi!

Sent from my iPad

OP
K

kizersorze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And where exactly would a mother novice be located? It certainly makes sense to educate the core, i.e. the mother, as that will make the child novices more knowledgable. I will therefore heed your advice. Just where to find her...

Another! Bloody keypad! Grrrrrrrr..

Sent from my iPad

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kizersorze said:
Another! Bloody keypad! Grrrrrrrr..

Sent from my iPad

Thank god, I'm not alone in this battle of keypad autocorrect. Bane of my life!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Most reactions

Latest posts