What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keynote - viewing the entire workspace when typing?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm on the iPad mini, and I'm attempting to construct a power point for my class. But I can't seem to navigate the workspace when the keyboard is up (such as to paste a link at the bottom of the page - when I hold the screen to paste, the keyboard comes up, and somehow I end up posting in the middle of a sentence already there). Is there a solution to this? Or is this a design flaw? Or am I just dumb?

Attachments

• image-2374778372.jpg
    image-2374778372.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 685

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Sonicrobby - I'm a retired academic radiologist and did a LOT of PP presentations (on a Windows computer) over the years; have had an iPad2 for 18 months and have played w/ Keynote. My first suggestion (if not already done) is the press the little keyboard icon (bottom right corner) - a pop up menu will allow you to split & un-dock the on-screen keyboard which would allow you to see a different portion of your 'slide' including the bottom. Second, have you considered using a BT keyboard - I have the one by Apple which works well and completely avoids having to look at the on-screen one!

Good luck & let us know your solution(s) - Dave :)

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hi Sonicrobby - I'm a retired academic radiologist and did a LOT of PP presentations (on a Windows computer) over the years; have had an iPad2 for 18 months and have played w/ Keynote. My first suggestion (if not already done) is the press the little keyboard icon (bottom right corner) - a pop up menu will allow you to split & un-dock the on-screen keyboard which would allow you to see a different portion of your 'slide' including the bottom. Second, have you considered using a BT keyboard - I have the one by Apple which works well and completely avoids having to look at the on-screen one!

Good luck & let us know your solution(s) - Dave :)

Ohhhh yeah, I forgot I can undock the keyboard :p thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcomed & hope that the suggestion helps, BUT a BT keyboard would be a must for me if I needed to do presentations on Keynote - hope all goes well & good luck! Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is also possible to use the drag pinch gestures in the view area, even when the keyboard is up. A combination of zooming in/out and scrolling around should let you see any portion of the slide you like.

If you zoom in so the slide is bigger than the screen, you can swipe the slide list off the edge of the screen. It comes back automatically when there is room, or you an slide it back from the edge of the screen; similar to pulling down notifications.

Once the text field is selected and in edit mode all the normal tap, tap and hold gestures should work for placing the cursor.

Last edited:
OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It is also possible to use the drag pinch gestures in the view area, even when the keyboard is up. A combination of zooming in/out and scrolling around should let you see any portion of the slide you like.

If you zoom in so the slide is bigger than the screen, you can swipe the slide list off the edge of the screen. It comes back automatically when there is room, or you an slide it back from the edge of the screen; similar to pulling down notifications.

Once the text field is selected and in edit mode all the normal tap, tap and hold gestures should work for placing the cursor.

Actually I just used keynote on my iPad 3 to compare. They function differently. I can scroll on the 3, but not the mini. I wish I could post videos directly to here; made a video of it, but I'm too lazy to upload it to a third party site xP

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Now that is strange. It should be exactly the same app.

No other ideas then. Sorry.

Indeed, I'm baffled

Most reactions

Latest posts