What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keynote problem

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My fault I guess, I didn't turn off the updates but I am 70 slides into yet another very complicated presentation with 20+ transitions on each slide and added sound files (MP3) basically the txt read out as the words appear - I use txt2speech pro on a Mac and it's been brilliant BUT! This morning I added about 5 more slides each with 7 sound files all went well in the testing but when I came to look at it again 3 hours later - very little sound. So when I try to play said slides (only those 4, all those from before are fine) they tell me in a box 'the operation couldn't be completed. No such file or directory. - now I'm guessing it's something to do with the update? I have emailed the company that sell the app txt2 speech but nothing - should I start to panic? It's a weeks work and I cannot change the voice 2/3rds of the way through a pres and its days and days work to change all the sound files - any ideas or do I just wait for the app to update? Hopefully!!!

As always many thanks

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What updated? The txt2speech app, or the Keynote app on the iPad?

If the iPad, can the sound files be played properly by other apps on the iPad. Can you use other sound files, perhaps ones you made earlier? I don't' mean those already imported, but importing some new, known good ones and see how they sound.

If the tex2speech app, are there any level setting you can fiddle with?

That's all I can think of. I don't know that much about sound files.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry for being so slow in answering! but it is sorted. Keynote 6.6 I got on the 17th along with a pages and numbers update. Its my fault somehow they just update, all the apps I have - do! something in my settings which I am happy with but - along came 6.6 and my latest Pres, lots of talking went, burp! I actually thought it was some sort of virus because when I inserted the sound file, the sound file said something completely different!! Some thing I told it to say about a week ago - and no amount of editing would make it work. Txt2Speech told me to download the app again and its now back to normal! - you have helped me so much in the past I should explain. The vast majority of my earlier press were done in their entirety on the iPad but for the last 12 month I do all my stuff on the iMac but for the iPad, it does work albeit if you get too clever on the mac my iPad 3 64Gb Cellular (my tester) can slow down quite considerably. Anyway its now working, till the next time and my lot are very very happy with the results, we want to revolutionise the way academic flying training takes place and the use of electronic flight bags of the future. When I get five minutes I will show you some of the new stuff in the clients dropbox - as usual many thanks and I am sorry that I seem to be taking over the iWork's thread!!!!!

Most reactions