What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keynote NOT working on iPad 1

TyroiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Keynote installed on my iPad 1 and have used it successfully a while ago.
I now need to make and give an important presentation but when I select the Keynote icon the page changes to a Keynote screen with a grey background and then changes back to the default iPad screen with icon after about 5 seconds. This happen every time.

I have deleted the Keynote app from iTunes and re-installed it and carried out a new sync but nothing has changed,

HELP!!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is your iPad 1 on iOS 5.1 or 5.1.1? The app requires iOS 5.1 or later.

OP
T

TyroiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS 5.1.1

and, I have had Keynote working on this iPad before.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried to do the following?

1. Force the app to close?
2. Try to restart your iPad?
3. Try to do a reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes misbehaves...

Force the app to close down*by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Press the app, until it begins to shake. Close out the apps by pressing the red circle in each app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
T

TyroiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried all 3 and nothing worked.

Finally, I deleted the app from the iPad AND from iTunes. I then downloaded the app to iTunes and then carried out a sync with the iPad and SUCCESS!!

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

I love computers, they make our lives so much easier!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tried all 3 and nothing worked.

Finally, I deleted the app from the iPad AND from iTunes. I then downloaded the app to iTunes and then carried out a sync with the iPad and SUCCESS!!

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

I love computers, they make our lives so much easier!!

Alright - glad you got it working!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts