What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum - :)

First, I'm assuming that you mean an Apple Bluetooth keyboard?

Second, have you turned on BT on the iPad (in settings) and then 'paired' the keyboard w/ the iPad (once done this connection will be recognize automatically in the future).

Finally, I'm assuming that this KB has fresh batteries and is also turned on?

If none of the above suggestions works, please post back - good luck!

OP
N

nathanchuaph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guess what I used another set of batteries and it worked. Does the kb drain the battery even when it's not in use?

OP
N

nathanchuaph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. How do you update to iOS 5 on the iPad? Can't update my pages, numbers, and keynote apps.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Guess what I used another set of batteries and it worked. Does the kb drain the battery even when it's not in use?

There have been a number of conflicting posts on your question above - the KB once 'unpaired' should turn off itself and requires little power when in use; others have claimed to use the batteries installed for months - not sure what Apple's official position may be (have not checked) on this subject? If you use your keyboard infrequently, then remove the batteries when 'not in use', reinstall them as needed - just one option, and others will likely give you different opinions. Good luck - :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all. How do you update to iOS 5 on the iPad? Can't update my pages, numbers, and keynote apps.

For myself, I have not updated to iOS 5 yet, but have the iWorks Suite (above listed) installed on my iPad (under iOS 4.x) - the newest releases of Pages, Numbers, & Keynote are not compatible w/ the older iOS 4.x - now, these programs still work on my iPad but if you want to update to the newest iWorks versions, then you must upgrade your iPad to iOS 5 - there are plenty of threads & posts already discussing, complaining about, or raising questions over this newest Apple release - please take a look at the forums - good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts