What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard randomly stopped working

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
My virtual keyboard on my iPad 2 just stopped working. I was typing something on it, then it wouldn't respond. I can still tap letters, but none of them will appear on the place the text goes.
Please help.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello City - since you have been on the form for a bit, you may have already tried these steps; if not, then first 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if unfamiliar w/ the process. Good luck and please post your results back here - may help others.

OP
C

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello City - since you have been on the form for a bit, you may have already tried these steps; if not, then first 'Restart' and if not effective 'Reset' the iPad - directions HERE if unfamiliar w/ the process. Good luck and please post your results back here - may help others.
I guess I can try resetting the iPad, but then I'd have to hook it up to the computer, which can get extremely slow.
Bosvaark- Already tried that. Didn't work.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I guess I can try resetting the iPad, but then I'd have to hook it up to the computer, which can get extremely slow.
Bosvaark- Already tried that. Didn't work.

Hi City - please read the directions in the link provided in my first post; you do not need to attach the device to your computer; simply involves holding the On-Off & the Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple shuts down; then press the On-Off button - the Apple logo appears and after a little while you should be up & running - :)

Last edited:
OP
C

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi City - please read the directions in the link provided in my first post; you do not need to attach the device to your computer; simply involves holding the On-Off & the Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple shuts down; then press the On-Off button - the Apple icon shows up and after a little while you should be up & running - :)
Thank you! Rebooting it worked. :)

Shakti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keyboard has stopped working

I have restored my iPad, and used the home key with the On/Off key, and it is still not working. The first time I did it I briefly got a keyboard by swiping to the right, but went to an aplication and it is gone again.

Most reactions