What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard question

EUROCOM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any wireless keyboards that hold the iPad(like the clamshell,iCapsule or ZAGG) for the iPad that have touch pads?

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, there isn't. Why would you need one? There isn't a cursor on the iPad, so what exactly would the touch pad control?

OP
E

EUROCOM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point :). Was just a curious question, I'm debating on picking one up for school this week and im about 95% sure i will. Think I will get a ZAGGmate with keyboard, I hope this is a good case/keyboard?

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Zagg is hard to type with, at least for me it was, I picked up the iCapsule last night and so far I really like it, I can type on it for hours with no problems, but it is a little large.

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good point :). Was just a curious question, I'm debating on picking one up for school this week and im about 95% sure i will. Think I will get a ZAGGmate with keyboard, I hope this is a good case/keyboard?

Just keep in mind that the iPad just sits on top of the keyboard and is not attached. Honestly, you would be better off getting one of the cases which have the keyboard integrated if you are going to be sharing a desk with books and other things in a classroom environment. This is the style of case I'm currently using and I like it a lot. I live right next to the Zagg headquarters and I went over to take a look at the Zaggmate as soon as I heard about it. The keyboard is uncomfortable because it is recessed in a box with edges on it. Think about how you type. Unless you type with your wrists up and not touching anything, this is going to be uncomfortable for you. The fact that the ipad doesn't securely attach to the keyboard unless it is closed was another deal breaker.

Oh, one other thing about it that kinda killed it for me is that the iPad won't connect backwards in it so the keyboard is on the back of the iPad and the screen is facing you. So if you are just lounging in bed and want to watch a movie or something, you have to put the keyboard somewhere else while you hold the iPad. I don't like having two pieces floating around.

I guess the last thing that killed it for me is that the back of the ipad is left unprotected. I actually covered the back of mine with a large piece of vinyl, so not that big of an issue, but I don't like the idea of leaving the back of the iPad unprotected beyond that. Something could drop on it and crack the case or dent it or something. I prefer 360 degree protection on my $600 device. Call me crazy. ;)

Red Rover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the zaggmate every day at work and it suits me fine. I use Desktop Connect to remote into my laptop which is where I save all my documents. The iPad is secure enough in the zaggmate and can be used in landscape or vertical without any effort. Works just fine for me. I put a $20 carbon skin on the back of the iPad.

ocdetails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The zaggmate would work great if it is just going to sit on a desk, but for use on your lap or in bed or other places, it isn't going to be ideal. I'm not saying it is a bad device. It is a great product, but it really is for a very particular type of keyboard needer. I'm on my keyboard all the time and I couldn't handle having the ipad loose on the keyboard. It is very cool if you aren't using the ipad on the go much, and that just isn't me. I'm glad it is an option though.

Most reactions

Latest posts