What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard queries

Debrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, can anyone tell me:
1. How to cancel forward
2. How to get keyboard with accented vowels (to write in french)? I can only get standard english or cyrilic at present.
Sorry if these are really daft questions. Thanks.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
1) Don't understand the question

2) Settings - General - keyboard - international keyboards - add new keyboard. Once added there will be a globe icon on the keyboard, tap this to quickly switch between installed keyboards.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For vowel accents, tap and hold on the vowel key for accent options. This even works on the English keyboard. You can get the weird ç the same way.

OP
D

Debrob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eureka! It works. Thanks. I still need to know how to cancel characters that are in front of where I am positioned: for example, say I am writing the word "situation" and I am positioned between the "a" and the "t" how do I cancel "tion"?

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eureka! It works. Thanks. I still need to know how to cancel characters that are in front of where I am positioned: for example, say I am writing the word "situation" and I am positioned between the "a" and the "t" how do I cancel "tion"?

The only possible option I can think of is - Jailbreak then get "Swipe Selection" from Cydia - ‘SwipeSelection’ now available on Cydia

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

If you don't want to jail break (though I can attest that both jail breaking AND SwipeSelection is awesome! :)), then try this tip:

You'll have to position the cursor AFTER the letters/words you want to delete (the iPad keyboard only has Backspace, not a Delete). To position the cursor where you wish to be, touch and hold your finger on the screen until you see a magnifying pop-up. Then, you can see the cursor and, while still pressing, move it to where you need it to be.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts