What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard "Hesitation"

footslogger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have developed a sort of "hesitation" with regard to touching a key or comment field in pretty much all apps. Apps all load fine in terms of speed but there is a delay between the striking of a key and the appearance of text on the screen. Another (related?) issue is that in Facebook, when I touch a link or attempt to enter a comment field the iPad ignores my first keyboard entry. I have to strike the key a second time or "press and hold" a link and then hit the "Open" button.

Anyone else having this issue with delay/hesitation on iPad 1 ? I am using the built in software keyboard, running he most current OS and have over half the total capacity/space of the system free.

Thanks in advance,

MJ

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
footslogger said:
Have developed a sort of "hesitation" with regard to touching a key or comment field in pretty much all apps. Apps all load fine in terms of speed but there is a delay between the striking of a key and the appearance of text on the screen. Another (related?) issue is that in Facebook, when I touch a link or attempt to enter a comment field the iPad ignores my first keyboard entry. I have to strike the key a second time or "press and hold" a link and then hit the "Open" button.

Anyone else having this issue with delay/hesitation on iPad 1 ? I am using the built in software keyboard, running he most current OS and have over half the total capacity/space of the system free.

Thanks in advance,

MJ

I, too, have that hesitation---which can be awfully annoying.

I think it only happens when I am using an app that interacts with the internet, like filling out passwords for access to forums and the like.

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me too. Sometimes there is a delay, sometimes (like now) there isn't.

I have also had Safari crashing regularly in recent times.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with my iPad, but my old touch was awful! I know how annoying that delay or freeze up can be. I haven't had any issues with either 4.3 or 5.1 on my pad. My touch was 2nd gen, latest update to 4.3. Always had issues, no update ever fixed it. Was always in safari when it would delay/stick.

Most reactions