What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard - help please

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am just beginning to be able to use my fingers again. ( spine break ) I know if I hold certain keys down options will appear above that key. Take for instance the, ( comma) - my problem is that even though the colon shows up after holding the comma key down - when I press on the option it doesn't show up. Instead - OK I am going to hold down the comma key and when the colon shows up here is what shows up on my screen
'K. See I get the colon but I also get the k which is behind the colon above the comma.
What am I doing wrong? Somebody please tell me, Thanks, Squib

Sent from my iPad using iPF

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this please. Hold down the coma and still holding slide up to the Colin.'''In a kind of flick motion.

I hope this helps

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try this please. Hold down the coma and still holding slide up to the Colin.'''In a kind of flick motion.

I hope this helps

Thanks, it works, as long as I keep the comma key down and slide my finger to the next choice while it is showing it works great! Thank you. This site has sc many wonderful people on it. Everyone willing to share and help. Diane M

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am so happy that it works for you!!! You know what? my name is Dianne M.! The M is for Marie.I just got a handle on this ipad stuff and it is very cool to be able to pass on the little smidgen that I have figured out.You Made My day.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You made mine too! Thanks,dm

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't really type properly. I kind of hunt and peck though I do use multiple fingers and my thumbs a lot.The slide trick has really cut down on my frustration.I have a n ipad 3 so I could use Siri and dictate.It is faster but then I would have to spend ages fixing typing mistakes. Do you know how to post web sites in blue so that others can open them on the forum by clicking on the blue web address?I'd really like to know how.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you type them ( if it is like it is in emails ) then once it is posted it shows up in blue all by itself. Try do
Ing a copy and paste so you get the whole site in. If that doesn't work, on the very first page of this forum, before you choose where you want to post
There is a long box which is a search box that searches the whole IPF for that keyword. Once you do that you will find all kinds of answers to all kinds of questions. And if nothing comes up after trying a few different ways to search, then get on the iPad general discussion board and somebody will either have an answer or they will point you in the right direction. This forum is a lifesaver and fun too! How great is that? You can also send a private message to anyone. I think you either use the arrow or touch their name. I will do it right now and send you one.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks squib I'll try your suggestion...tomorrow though. I,must off to bed.They are called avatars....the picture thingys.:):) Good night

Most reactions