What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard for the Mini

BWO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if Zagg or anyone has plans for a hard shell keyboard case for the Mini? Because when they do, I'll sell my iPad 2 and its accessories for one. I'm an author and I write on the iPad 2 instead of my MacBook these days.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to Zagg themselves, there are two keyboards coming for the iPad Mini; the ZAGGkeys MINI 7 and the ZAGGkeys MINI 9. Evidently, the 7 will be compact, just like the Mini, while the 9 will have a full-sized keyboard.

They're not out yet, but you can put your name on an e-mail list (at Zagg) so you can be notified of availability.

So, yeah, they're coming all right...

Marilyn

DJKnutsen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Logitech iPad2 keyboard which I kept after moving to the mini... and it works great..!! The slot holds the mini at just the right angle to make it very readable, it's just not the slick package the Zagg will offer... but if the price is good, and you don't need the 'CASE' function, it's very useable....

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I briefly had the Zagg for my iPad 2 but hated it and gave it away when I gifted the 2 to my daughter. It worked fine but, for me, the iPad (maxi and mini alike) is not a laptop. To make it into one with a keyboard gives you the same bulk and inconvenience of the laptop without the functionality of one.

Just my 2 cents worth.

moen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Mini Keyboards

I agree with the previous comments. As a novice writer myself I find that I'm using my iPad 2 for more typing when I can sneak away on a lunch break from my day job etc. This would be even easier with a great keyboard for my iPad Mini. I thought I had seen a Zagg combination version on the site iPad Mini Accessories - Latest News and Reviews for iPad Mini Accessories but that may not have been a hard shell case, I can't remember. Either way, I love my mini and the addition of a functional keyboard/case would make it a massive productivity boosting tool for my work.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the Apple wireless keyboard (writing this post with it now) with my iPad mini and it works great. The reason I chose this keyboard is because I plan to get a Mac mini and this keyboard will come in handy with it.

dongeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
I briefly had the Zagg for my iPad 2 but hated it and gave it away when I gifted the 2 to my daughter. It worked fine but, for me, the iPad (maxi and mini alike) is not a laptop. To make it into one with a keyboard gives you the same bulk and inconvenience of the laptop without the functionality of one.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I totally agree. Of course people think differently. ha ha.

fopelka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently started using an IPad Mini and got the Zagg mini 9. It worked well for 24 hours. After that period, the last row of letters, beginning with Z, just stopped working. Everything else worked fine.

The housing for the IPad home needs some redesign, too. It is not a simple task to fit the IPad securely into the Zagg encasement.

Would recommend that Zagg return to the drawing board and work out the bugs.

Abneriel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Zagg Mini 7 and it works alright. I have larger hands, so it definitely takes a little getting used to, and I'm not a fan of some of the punctuation accessibility on it, but the mini fits great. The stand isn't the best, and I wish it had some way to latch, whether magnetic or otherwise, but it's understandable that they were trying to keep the case small, so I can't complain. Not sure I'd recommend it over anything else, though.

Most reactions

Latest posts