What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard dock - do you like it?

Loveipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you find using the keyboard dock? I spent 55 on it but prefer the on screen keyboard

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the separate Bluetooth keyboard and I too prefer the onboard virtual keyboard.

A good number of the characters are not as identified when typing. When switching languages it gets worse, you have to remember some twenty position changes. It distracts the flow of writing.

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer the BT-keyboard but not the dock.

In the dock, I can only keep the iPad upright (I prefer landscape mode) and I don't like the angle it's tilted at.
Therefore, I use the heavy Griffin stand made of metal.

The BT-keybard is good. As I use the same keybard for my Mac, I don't have issues getting used to another layout, etc.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought BT keyboard, never use it for the ipad as it ruins the entire point of the ipad imho. That being said, the BT keyboard makes a great wireless KB for my HTPC. The range is excellent.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad lives in a case which makes a dock impractical. But when I need to, I've improvised by using the Apple Camera Connection Kit to connect a USB keyboard to the iPad. (A popup window will appear complaining that it is not supported, but after dismissing the popup I can use the keyboard normally.)

Most reactions

Latest posts