What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard Disappears/Reappears w/iCabMobile

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More times than not as I tap in the Google search window, the keyboard will quickly lower then quickly rise back up. At this point I can enter text. Hasn't happened elsewhere or with Safari. I have read that perhaps it happens if Google hasn't finished loading prior to tapping the search window however that isn't true with my experience. Not a real show stopper yet a bit annoying. I prefer to use this paid for app so any suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks

Note: at 10pm central, I used Safari and it happened when I first tapped the Google search window.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find this happens within the IPF App if the page hasn't finished loading......it all depends on how quick the page is to load combined with how quick you start typing, just one of those little bugs.

The Archangel

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regarding google search, I have opened it, waited up to three minutes and then tapped the search window resulting in the phenomenon. Sometimes it works ok though mostly it doesn't.

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received an update two days ago for my primary browser which is iCabMobile. Since then I have not experienced this problem. Haven't tried Safari yet.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
It happens a lot, like has been said above, allow the page to fully load before trying to reply/type, it is the page refreshing that causes the keyboard to drop back down, annoying, but common place

I to use icab mobile, the blue line will go accross the site address and then once it has got to the end will refresh and start again, this is when the keyboard drops down and stops you typing.

Last edited:
OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I've stated I have launched Google, waited 2-3 forever long minutes and it will still happen. This is also true with Safari. Don't believe i've tested Chrome. One thing I have noticed is when it occurs the black bar atop Google is partially obscured by my tabs indicating it's not returning to its default position. I do appreciate your reply though.

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't yet make it happen in Chrome. Though Chrome is my primary pc browser, I prefer not to use it with my i-Devices due to the restraints placed upon it.

OP
B

bamashooter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded Dolphin browser today and after about 6 attempts or so it too dropped the keypad. I have now be experimenting with all browsers (safari, icab, dolphin) in the portrait mode and so far the keypad has not dropped.

Dr. Kit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bamashooter said:
As I've stated I have launched Google, waited 2-3 forever long minutes and it will still happen. This is also true with Safari. Don't believe i've tested Chrome. One thing I have noticed is when it occurs the black bar atop Google is partially obscured by my tabs indicating it's not returning to its default position. I do appreciate your reply though.

Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum so please excuse me if I am not posting in the correct place. Quite often when I am typing in a text box ( like this one), or an email the screen shifts so that the keyboard obscures the text box I am writing in. Thereby I can not see the text box and need to lower the keyboard to proof read my writing. This has been happening for over a year and happens on my husbands IPad also. What can be done to resolve this?

Dr. Kit

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dr. Kit said:
Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum so please excuse me if I am not posting in the correct place. Quite often when I am typing in a text box ( like this one), or an email the screen shifts so that the keyboard obscures the text box I am writing in. Thereby I can not see the text box and need to lower the keyboard to proof read my writing. This has been happening for over a year and happens on my husbands IPad also. What can be done to resolve this?

Dr. Kit

Go to Settings>General>Keyboard turn off Split Keyboard. This will lock the keyboard in the docked position at the bottom of both landscape and portrait screens.

Dr. Kit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roy Rob said:
Go to Settings>General>Keyboard turn off Split Keyboard. This will lock the keyboard in the docked position at the bottom of both landscape and portrait screens.

That worked perfectly. Thank you.

Dr. Gillen

Scsiguy72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Using Crome, when I open google search, I tap on the search box, up comes the keyboard, then I touch any letter and the keyboad goes back down. I touch the search box again and the keyboard comes back and stays. I am only using standard search page. no gadgets or any other apps open.

I Rebooted iPad, opened Crome, went to google and it did the same thing. Nothing is loading on the page. It only happens with Crome and google.

Edit:

After the reboot, I went and checked again. Now Sarfari is doing the same thing, except with it, when I touch inside the search box, the keyboard comes up, then drops down before I type anything. It does stay up after I touch the box again

Last edited:

Most reactions