What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard a bit inaccurate

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have suspected that my iPad 2 keyboard is not so accurate when typing quickly. I got hold of a friends iPad 2 and used it for few days and for sur his is more accurate than mine .
I do type quickly and use both hands and "almost" manage to touch type.
Is there any point in taking to the Apple store for them to test?
Anyone else noticed this problem?
Device is JB & using 5.1.1.
Only related typing app is swipe selector.
Thx,
- keevill -

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had the same issue where sometimes I type and there's a few seconds lag before writing the word? Not sure what it is and it's never really bothered me, maybe you could check how many apps you have open in your multitasking bar? I'm also on an iPad 2 un jb on 5.0.1

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have suspected that my iPad 2 keyboard is not so accurate when typing quickly. I got hold of a friends iPad 2 and used it for few days and for sur his is more accurate than mine .
I do type quickly and use both hands and "almost" manage to touch type.
Is there any point in taking to the Apple store for them to test?
Anyone else noticed this problem?
Device is JB & using 5.1.1.
Only related typing app is swipe selector.
Thx,
- keevill -

I believe it's a function of the SwipeSelection tweak you have installed from Cydia. I have noticed there are a few bugs (gremlins?) in it. I have trouble if I type too fast - the letters don't get up there fast enough and they don't appear. I also "almost" manage to touch type while using two hands. I live with it because the pleasure of using SwipeSelection is worth the momentary pain of fixing the letters.

But - the only real solution to this is to remove the tweak. And, it will do you no good to take a jail broken iPad, with a typing tweak installed, to the Apple store for a test. If they even look at it, the only thing they will tell you is to remove the tweak and the jail break. As far as Apple is concerned, any and all issues with a jail broken iPad is caused by the jail break.

So, it's either live with the errors or remove the SwipeSelection tweak. Hopefully, and eventually, the developer will modify the tweak to be more forgiving of us fast typers... :)

Marilyn

sn4ke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uninstall SwipeSelection and install SwipeShiftCaret. You swipe on the typed letters or sentence on the screen to make a correction, and not on the keyboard, leading to accurate typing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
K

keevill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Uninstall SwipeSelection and install SwipeShiftCaret. You swipe on the typed letters or sentence on the screen to make a correction, and not on the keyboard, leading to accurate typing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That seems to have made a difference . Dunno how some folks reckon that they can touch type though without looking at the damn keyboard . Impossible for me!

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That seems to have made a difference . Dunno how some folks reckon that they can touch type though without looking at the damn keyboard . Impossible for me!

I can touch type on my iPad, but I'm also used to having to adjust to different shapes and sizes of keyboards so I have a good memory for keyboard layouts :)

Most reactions

Latest posts