What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Key clicks and sleep button sounds stopped working??

boonekingdom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI forum!

recently my iPad stopped making the "clicking" sound when I type and also when I put it to sleep. I've noticed that other sounds are missing like email alerts. I made sure that the sounds were turned on in the settings menu, but they still don't work! I can listen to music and video with no problem, just not these sounds i mentioned. Any ideas??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have activated the Mute function - either by the hard switch by the side of the volume control or the soft switch at the far left of the multi-task bar. It's easily done. The function is re-assignable between the two locations in the Settings menu. So check that this function has not been activated and all should be OK.

Tim

judithwalsh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello..I too have this problem and I can't resolve it...I can't even find the place you suggest at the top left....am I dim...thanks in anticipation......

Michael77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello..I too have this problem and I can't resolve it...I can't even find the place you suggest at the top left....am I dim...thanks in anticipation......

Hi Judith - the slide switch you want is next to the volume buttons on the top left hand side when the Ipad is face down and you can see the Ipad logo and the text is at the bottom. The switch needs to be pushed towards the top of the Ipad. You need to check that under Settings, then General, that the option "use slide switch to:" is set to mute and then all should be well.

Most reactions

Latest posts