What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping The Screen Clean

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestion on the best way to keep the screen clean? I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube about the iPad (and learning more and more everyday). But I notice that almost everyone has a problem with fingerprints on the screen.

thomkat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use alcohol based screen cleaning wipes once a day, they are effective at removing the smudges. Try not to worry about it too much though- fingerprints are unavoidable!

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a dry microfiber cloth to clean the screen.. If the surface is a little too oily or sticky, I fog it up a bit with my breath and wipe again.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone on one of these forums suggested folding the smart cover into it's triangular shape with the inside out.
You then can use it as a board rubber over the screen.
Works well.

Somehow the iPad2's screen doesn't seem to get as dirty as the iPad1's. Either I'm improving or the new cover is working.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Forgot to add that prior to this I just used a baby wipe.
Left the screen clean and smelling fresh......

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wear one finger cut from a latex surgical glove over your own finger, like a condom. This is a time proven method. (remember to remove your hand from the latex glove before cutting of the finger).

C

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thomkat said:
I use alcohol based screen cleaning wipes once a day, they are effective at removing the smudges. Try not to worry about it too much though- fingerprints are unavoidable!

Don't use alchohol! Kills the oil free coating! :)

Attachments

• image-474122901.png
    image-474122901.png
    263.8 KB · Views: 312

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appsempire said:
Does anyone have any suggestion on the best way to keep the screen clean? I've been watching a lot of videos on YouTube about the iPad (and learning more and more everyday). But I notice that almost everyone has a problem with fingerprints on the screen.

Do you have a liner on it?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a 10$ screen cloth that was useless. Later I bought a 2$ microfiber cloth that worked like a dream!

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Appsempire said:

Do you have a liner on it?

I have the smart cover. And I also have a very cool case for it on the way.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually use my 3M microfiber cloth, BUT i do get some nasty marks from my 3.5 year old daughter and so i use this cyberclean product it's like a slimy putty. really great. check their site CyberClean: home

Most reactions

Latest posts