What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping songs in an ablum?

jmschnur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
S there a waytobe keep all the songs in an opera in one album when bringing the opera into iTunes . Also a big problem with my doctors new Orleans 4 disk compilation .

lzed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they were tagged properly then they should automatically go into one album, unfortunately this is not done all the time and can mean that they are separate files/albums. In iTunes you can edit Tracks by selecting the track or tracks and go to info. Make sure album name and artist is the same.

I find that I have to do a lot of tagging or re-tagging to get everything right. It is fairly common for some to do compilations by artist and sometimes with the original album that track was on....

OP
J

jmschnur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmschnur said:
S there a waytobe keep all the songs in an opera in one album when bringing the opera into iTunes . Also a big problem with my doctors new Orleans 4 disk compilation .

Useful information. It will mean a lot of work however.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can select all the songs, then right click and choose Get Info. That way you can edit the album, artist, and other common info together. You may still have to go back and add track or song info separately; but half the work will be done. Only items with a checkmark beside them will be changed when editing more than one song at a time.

In the case of the Opera and Classical albums, you may want to also go to the Options tab and check the gapless check box.

OP
J

jmschnur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can select all the songs, then right click and choose Get Info. That way you can edit the album, artist, and other common info together. You may still have to go back and add track or song info separately; but half the work will be done. Only items with a checkmark beside them will be changed when editing more than one song at a time.

In the case of the Opera and Classical albums, you may want to also go to the Options tab and check the gapless check box.

Thanks

Most reactions