What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep receiving request to update flash player

hany2176

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or these last few days I keep receiving pop up message to upgrade flash player whenever I tried to use Safari browser on my ipad. Why is this happening (as per my understanding there is no way flash player used in apple products)? How to remove this message since I can no longer use my browser due to this? Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or these last few days I keep receiving pop up message to upgrade flash player whenever I tried to use Safari browser on my ipad. Why is this happening (as per my understanding there is no way flash player used in apple products)? How to remove this message since I can no longer use my browser due to this? Thanks.

It must be that the website you are trying to view is running Flash. As the iPad won't ever run Flash, that web site will never load and run properly. Your only solution is not to go to that site again.

It's not all of Safari/the Internet. It's just that one site.

Marilyn

CathyO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why Apple, with all its technology knowledge can't put a decent, more universal video player in its iPads. Very frustrating to have to open my computer just to view some silly video on facebook!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't understand why Apple, with all its technology knowledge can't put a decent, more universal video player in its iPads. Very frustrating to have to open my computer just to view some silly video on facebook!

Well, it is very simple, i.e. Apple believes that Adobe Flash is archaic and potentially dangerous - from 2010, Steve Jobs explanation HERE, if you are interested.

Not a recommendation because I've not used any, but there are plenty of iPad apps related to YouTube in the app store, many are free - not sure if one or more of these will work for you but not much to lose - post back if you find any of value (reviews seem to be mixed) - good luck - Dave :)
flash-steve-jobs.jpg

Most reactions