What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

keep losing cellular

SmileQuietly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded to ios 8.02 and now I keep losing cellular. I've rebooted my iPad before to get it back (which caused other problems that I have no solved) but now it's not working. Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ask your cellular provider to reboot, reset, or whatever they do. There is something in the SIM that helps the iPad find cellular towers. No idea how it works, but this has helped in the past.

They should be able to do it remotely.

Also, you might want to try and updating to iOS 8.1 (out today) and see if that fixed the issue. It should have fixed at least a few bugs. :)

OP
S

SmileQuietly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm going to upgrade to 8.1 and hope for the best. I managed to get cellular back and in the process, lost the sound for all of my game aps and texting. That's happened twice. Seems like I've had to chose between the two. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Game sounds and texting is almost certainly a Mute problem.

Mute is either the side switch (next to the volume buttons) or in the Control Panel (a bell icon). Where it is depends on what you have set in Settings > General > Use Side Switch Too:

Mute is intended to silence alarms, alerts, notifications, and other sounds you don't want interrupting you in a meeting or movie theater. However, many games and apps are also affected, depending on what the developer decided to do.

OP
S

SmileQuietly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, it wasn't muted. I could still listen to music and check out the various sounds in settings/sounds. Upgrading to 8.1 seems to have fixed the problem. For now, at least. ;)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, it wasn't muted. I could still listen to music and check out the various sounds in settings/sounds. Upgrading to 8.1 seems to have fixed the problem. For now, at least. ;)
When system sounds are muted, you're still able to listen to music or check the sounds in Settings. You don't hear notifications, and some games won't play sound. As far as I see it from your other thread, you had muted your iPad's system sounds with the Volume buttons.

Most reactions

Latest posts