What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just recieved my IPad 4, anybody else

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iJamesH said:
Wait a minute a wife that has a more powerful device than hubby? Must be in the Twilight Zone :D

When I was married my husband got all the best stuff; when he upgraded things would trickle down to me and the kids.

Now we're divorced and I live with my boyfriend. He has no interest in "gadgets" and doesn't have a tablet. He has an iPhone 4 that he's fine with. I have an iPad 3, a kindle Fire HD, and an iPhone 5.

Oh, the boyfriend has a 15" MacBook Pro; does that mean he wins?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I was married my husband got all the best stuff; when he upgraded things would trickle down to me and the kids.

Now we're divorced and I live with my boyfriend. He has no interest in "gadgets" and doesn't have a tablet. He has an iPhone 4 that he's fine with. I have an iPad 3, a kindle Fire HD, and an iPhone 5.

Oh, the boyfriend has a 15" MacBook Pro; does that mean he wins?

I'd say you both win, as long as you each have what you want.

If my husband cared about gadgets, I'd encourage him to get new stuff if he wanted, rather than inherit my used gadgets. But he doesn't care about gadgets much. He's always upgrading PCs, monitors and TVs, though. Meanwhile, I upgrade gadgets but have an ancient TV. We're both happy, lol.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife has her laptop and she is happy.

She doesn't want an iPad 4 and she doesn't want an iPad Mini, which I suggested I get her for Christmas.
If something doesn't work with her laptop..............she hands it to me and says "please fix it"

On the other hand..........I have...
iPad 4
Toshiba laptop
HP desktop
LAN security cameras around the exterior of the house that I can monitor from my iPad or PC.
5 iPods of various generations (shuffle, touch, hard drive version)
USB music players wired to my motorcycle
R/C remote helicopers
R/C remote gas powered cars
Yada Yada

I work to live....not live to work! :D

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol I'm the same way...

I have the evo 4 lte
A iPod 2 gen
A kindle fire
iPad 4
A gateway laptop
DS 3d

I am pretty good with them too...
My hubby called me because he couldn't fine iheartradio he wasn't in the App Store on google play lol.... He turns to me for everything...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol I'm the same way...

I have the evo 4 lte
A iPod 2 gen
A kindle fire
iPad 4
A gateway laptop
DS 3d

I am pretty good with them too...
My hubby called me because he couldn't fine iheartradio he wasn't in the App Store on google play lol.... He turns to me for everything...

Lol. That's the great thing about mobile devices nowadays, I find. They're so easy to use that I can figure them out even though I don't generally like to mess with tech stuff. Like with my laptops or PCs, I usually rely on my husband to deal with probs or setups. He tries to explain, but I only care that they work, lol. With mobile gadgets, I've been able to poke around and make stuff do whatever I need, and I can help my husband. The funny thing is, he's in IT but doesn't care much about mobile gadgets.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife has her laptop and she is happy.

She doesn't want an iPad 4 and she doesn't want an iPad Mini, which I suggested I get her for Christmas.
If something doesn't work with her laptop..............she hands it to me and says "please fix it"

On the other hand..........I have...
iPad 4
Toshiba laptop
HP desktop
LAN security cameras around the exterior of the house that I can monitor from my iPad or PC.
5 iPods of various generations (shuffle, touch, hard drive version)
USB music players wired to my motorcycle
R/C remote helicopers
R/C remote gas powered cars
Yada Yada

I work to live....not live to work! :D

I love my job, so I play at work and then come home and play with my toys, lol.

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my Ipad4 wifi today and the new Ipod touch 5 also, coming from an Ipad 2. The difference in screen sharpness is breathtaking especially for reading purposes. You know what? I'm in heaven :)

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

Can you buy the iPad 4 or iPad mini in Stores yet ? Or just on online For now?
Thank you

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kevin43 said:
Hi

Can you buy the iPad 4 or iPad mini in Stores yet ? Or just on online For now?
Thank you

Yes for most stores authorized to sell iPads. All storage versions and black or white BUT wifi only are available. The cellular data versions will be available after November 20, 2012. That is what I was told at Best Buy and Sam's Club here in the USA.

Last edited:

kruzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got 64 bg black iPad 4 I love it

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk!

sekelani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my 16 gig white ipad 4. It's amazing. I also have the iPhone 5. I

I'll be using this for school mostly

Most reactions