What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just received my Vaja Leather Case!

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings to all from the Caribbean. I ordered a black on black agenda 2 case on saturday. Got a reply same day for the order. Will put up some pics when it gets here.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's really nice! $150 is hard to take in.. But I love that the cover comes off instead of folding over.

I'll place my order in a month after I've searched all options lol $150 is quite much..

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a case for my iPhone two years ago. In months time the color faded and scratches quite easily. Expensive and yet in poor leather quality. Sorry but this is just my take on Vaja.

If it is unsealed aniline leather (as I recall Vaja cases are), it will be more susceptible to fading, esp with continued exposure to sunlight and/or fluorescents, than semi-aniline or sealed leathers. Tanned aniline leathers in fact should deepen in shade over time.

At one point I would have loved to get a Vaja, but what scared me off were the long waiting times and troublesome customer service reports, especially at those prices.

kaslerp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vajacases iPad cases - Support Services are a joke

I have had a Limited Edition case for 9 months now. It cost me $200.

It has faded and they will NOT replace it.

This is the ridiculous response that I received after cleaning it with water and a little hand soap. I quote your EXACTLY from their e-mail response:

"The leather is treated, we do not used it directly as the one in a cow, please. It has hand treatments applied to it to achieve finish. But it is still genuine, and it does not have a treatment to make them water resistant at all."

This would be amusing - if it wasn't MY iPad case!

:mad:

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used the Vaja Agenda 2 case for a couple of months but reverted back to the original case just because I travel a lot and the Apple case is much less bulky.

The Vaja case has a light inside cover and since I kept the cleaning cloth that came with the original Ipad case always over time, the cloth rubbed off its colour onto the leather.

Anyway, the Vaja case is packed away in a dark place so the colour doesnt fade.................

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kaslerp said:
I have had a Limited Edition case for 9 months now. It cost me $200. It has faded and they will NOT replace it.

This is the ridiculous response that I received after cleaning it with water and a little hand soap. I quote your EXACTLY from their e-mail response:

"The leather is treated, we do not used it directly as the one in a cow, please. It has hand treatments applied to it to achieve finish. But it is still genuine, and it does not have a treatment to make them water resistant at all."

This would be amusing - if it wasn't MY iPad case!

:mad:

But they are essentially stating the truth (excusing that English isn't their first language) - the type of unsealed aniline leather on a Vaja should be kept as water-free as possible. Their customer service needs improvement, admittedly, but it's not really their fault or a product defect, is it?

Most reactions