What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just purchased Quick Office HD...

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The price dropped to $7.99 so I just has to grab it for that amount. I've been hemming and hawing over an office app for months now so this finally takes care of that. I'm hoping that it works out. I've read mainly good things so I expect it will be jus fine. I know that some of the other ones have features that this doesn't and vice versa. Eventually you have to settle on on something though. :)

I'll report back after a week or two of actual usage.

Tucky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey kudos, let me know how it work out. I've been looking for a spread sheets app, i just download "Documents", a free app with spread sheet capability, Still playing with it. I just need a basic work on excel and afraid to pay for something that might not cut it.

OP
s2mikey

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey kudos, let me know how it work out. I've been looking for a spread sheets app, i just download "Documents", a free app with spread sheet capability, Still playing with it. I just need a basic work on excel and afraid to pay for something that might not cut it.

Im with ya - Ive been scared too. But for that amount I had to try it. So far with minimal messing around its very slick and responsive. Lets hope it does the trick!!

OP
s2mikey

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone on my thoughts on QuickOffice thus far. I've spent most of my time in the spreadsheet app and it's a really good one. The interface and usability of this spreadsheet app are great. It does exactly what I expect it too and almost feels like an Apple branded product. I was able to get data into the sheet and work with it pretty easily. All the basics are there and the formula options are fairly robust. It looks and feels great on the iPad too. So far, I'm liking this spreadsheet app a lot.

I spent less time in the word processor app but did get a feel for it. It's not as slick or quite as responsive as the spreadsheet app. It's nothing bad and may not even always be noticeable. Maybe coming straight from the spreadsheet app to this app magnified the effect? Still, I typed and the words showed up. The formatting options here are OK but don't stand out in any way. I need to spend more time with this app and I'll report back when I do. The cut , copy, and paste functions work nicely and like the spreadsheet app it just looks "right" on the iPad.

I'll also try out the power point app and let ya know how that works out.

OP
s2mikey

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got a chance to play with the power point piece of the app last night a bit. I like it. I had to fumble a little bit in order to get photos in my stored albums to be available for insertion and I'm not even 100% with that yet. However, the usability is there and just like the spreadsheet app it has a very slick interface and does what you expect it too. Performance is also very good. Adding text and moving it around is easy and intuitive. Once images are inserted they are also easy to work with, resize, etc, etc. Like the other apps in this suite, there are some features missing that you would get with full blown PC versions or whatever but it appears they have most of the commonly used features. I had a sample presentation up and ready in no time. So, thus far, the spreadsheet and presentation apps are my favorites from this suite. The word app is decent but not as slick as the other two.

The other part of this app I really like is the file manager. It has a nice drag and drop interface and you can create folders and move around files with more freedom than you might expect on an iPad. this was very helpful since I could setup folders that contained images I wanted to use with a particular presentation. Made it very easy to insert them and use the photos.

There is s slight learning curve for some of the features and when you first get it you might yourself futzing around a bit. Once you figure it out it's not bad at all and even makes sense for the most part. If you are coming from a regular office suite you will feel limited to some extent and you ARE limited since we are talking about a mobile app not a full blown PC or MAC implementation. It still seems to me though that an iPad combined with an app like this could work perfectly for the traveling business person or mobile engineer that needs portability and a solid office suite.

I'll keep reporting back since the more I use it the more ill be able to tell how good it really is. So far, I'm very pleased with it though. TTYL.

Most reactions

Latest posts