Just ordered my car mount...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Appleslappy, May 14, 2010.

1. Appleslappy

Appleslappy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Got the mount installed. Love it!

Seems very stable and the tilt swivel is a great feature.

[​IMG]

#11 Appleslappy, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. Robertt

Robertt
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Tell us about the installation. I'm considering getting this one but can't figure the install out from their website.

3. GiPad

GiPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Love to see pics of it installed, if you could!

4. Appleslappy

Appleslappy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  5. Appleslappy

Appleslappy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It's really a simple process...

Order the vehicle specific mount.
    Order the specific mount for the device.
    Snap the vehicle mount in place. It is a precise fit...
    Attach the bracket for your device using the provided screws.
    Slide your device into bracket.
    Adjust device according to your preferences ( I recommend the tilt swivel mount)

That's all there is to it.

Hope this helps.

6. Ripplinghurst

Ripplinghurst
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    How the tilt/swivel mount works over bumps and vibration? I mean, some of it is expected even if it was hard mounted into the dash, but how much of it can be reduced by tightening the moveable parts? Do you have to tight it enough to stop it from tilting and swiveling, or it just works?

Thanks for the pictures. I can easily see the iPad on my Sequoia (there's a 12.1" tablet already, plenty of room for an iPad. Now on my FX, not so much. It's going to block the nav screen and everything else...But RAM mounts on the FX is not an option, so I'm thinking about this solution...but if it vibrates too much while driving or moves while touching the screen/home button, etc...

Please share some more info! THANKS! :)

7. Appleslappy

Appleslappy
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    There is a screw adjustment that allows you to control how easily the tilt/swivel works. I was concerned...Michigan has some of the worst roads in the nation and the bumps have no effect on the mount. It is a quality setup.

8. GiPad

GiPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

That looks sweet man! I think I'm going to order the kit for my Sequoia!

9. GiPad

GiPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

@Ripplinghurst - sounds like you have a Sequoia also. Mine is a 2002, and it looks like the mount goes over the double din radio chassis (or clips on the top and botom of it). I have an aftermarket Kenwood iPod/DVD setup (that I could care a less about pretty much now)...but wondering how this might work? What have you found for your Sequoia (or is yours a brand new one?

@AppSlappy - thanks again for the pic. It looks like your setup is similar to what mine would be. So, it is covering up your stereo head, correct? Do you find that to be a problem? Also, I know you can remove the iPad from the bracket, but does that entire bracket easily come off, or is it pretty fixed once you mount it?

I'm not sure what to do on my Sequoia now...

10. Ripplinghurst

Ripplinghurst
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My Sequoia is a 2008, not brand new at all, but it's the new model. Mine either clips close to a vent or on the side of the console, I guess.

I'm using a custom made RAM mount support base inside the center console, with a RAM mount system on top of it. The way it works is that I use heavy gauge steel support hidden inside the console and only the 1.5" RAM ball is apparent in between cupholders/map holders. With that 1.5" ball as a base, I can pretty much fit anything I want, from a tablet to the iPad (as soon as the parts arrive).

I'll post pictures later.

EDIT: here's the pictures. You can see I also adapted an Ergotron single pivot holder in between two ram parts, so that I can tilt and swivel without knobs. The top most RAM part is one that I can use to support different cradles for different devices with no tools or knob twisting necessary. Just slide and lock. One has a cradle for the tablet (LE 1700). Tee cradle for the iPad is arriving mid June.

Note that the whole assembly can easily be hidden inside the center storage console if needed. WAF=10! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#20 Ripplinghurst, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010