What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just ordered a car mount from PadHoldr

bognman420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok this mount is absolutely good but i have one problem it pushes the ipad way to far out from the dash i want something that can be mounted closer to my liking and its a hard mount wich means its stuck in your car and looks like it needs to be perminately mounted possibly even drilled into the dashboard . Second this should be alot cheaper 150 is a joke i know that everyone says oh u cant by cheap accessories thats crap!!!! this thing is about 5 dollars worth of parts and shud be no more than 50 dollars i found one that uses the old classic suction mount and i just installed it works great looks great and is shockingly sturdy and the best part is IT WAS 16$ WITH FREE SHIPPING so DO NOT BUY THIS OVER PRICED MOUNT !!!!!!! here is the link if u have any doubts i have it in my 07 mustang and it works amazingi will post pics soon this is the city iFunCity.com great site cheapest accessories ive seen and pretty good shipping about 2 weeks and im in ny

Last edited:
OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Bognman,

It rotates on a 3 axis pivot so you can have is close or as far away from your dash as you want.

You think this mount is only $5 worth of parts? Just by that statement alone it is painfully obvious that you have never seen this mount in person and have no clue what you are talking about. This is not a P.O.S. windshield suction cup mount. Good luck using one of those for your iPad and see how long it lasts.

I've had this mount for a few weeks now and I am 100% satisfied with my purchase. I can pivot my iPad anywhere I want and it never moves or vibrates while driving.

If you are going to comment on the quality of the mount at least know what the hell you are talking about. By the looks of your username maybe you need to smoke some more dope and calm down. :D

bognman420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
whats painfully obvious is that you got taken advantage of you are clearly not very smart and these people took full advatage of your stupidity how much do u think metal costs per ounce smart guy and plastic do you have any idea how cheap those materials are and than to mark it up to 150 is absurd the only thing worse than that is that your are dumb enough to open your wallet and spend this money when you could have easily goten something with the same craftsmanship for literally 10% of what you paid so keep on ranting about how good this is it only makes you look worse even the fact that you reposted to my comments proves how easily taken you are i can see that people like you are the reason why some of these companies are in business i always wondered who cud be dumb enough to buy these things well now thanks to you i got to speak with one :) you mad my night i didnt laugh this hard when i was at the movies earlier thank you and to respond to the craftsmanship of mine atleast when mine breaks im out 15 dollars not 150 tough guy lol and last time i checked suction mounts dont wear out and my 15 dollar investment works just the same as your 150 dollar rip off so enjoy your product i just personally dont let people take advantage of me my mommy taught me that when i was 5 even a child can see that you got ripped off and either should have shopped around or waited for a reasonably priced product most people on here arent willing to drop 150 dollars on the first thing they see maybe its cuz ur a spoiled little punk who lives off mommy and daddy cuz thats what it looks like from here

and for the record smoke weed every day i wud say u must be on crack to spend that money on something like that

Last edited:

RonShort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Value is relative to the person parting with the cash for the given item....

Alot of people think that our iPads are a waste of money....

bognman420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
an ipad is a computer last time i checked 500 for a computer weas still a good deal but 150 for a plastic holder with a few metal pieces is retarded some people just throw money away and i disagree with that i work very hard for my money and the little i have left after bills and buying shit for my kids is very small so i for one do not like to be taken by stupid companies that try to rip people off why do u think this 150 dollar mount is not in stores because no store wud even dare to put that on there shelves it wud never sell unless u r the guy who wrote this post its a rip off and as a consumer i will not be taken for a fool and spend 10x the amount for every other car holder , now if u like being taken advantage of thats fine but i do not

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Bognman420,

I don't even know where to start with your last post. So I'll just say maybe you shouldn't "smoke up" before you get on the Internet.

I love the mount and am very happy with it. Enough said. :)

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Robert
Is the holder itself metal or plastic/composite?
The arm look a lot like a Ram mount at least the one I saw on the Website looks like a Ram.
Ram makes a great mount and they also now have iPad mounts in the line.

Also they cost and are worth more than $16.00 from my vast experience using them.

I just modded an Otterbox Defender case to mount on a Ram Arm for a friend so I am just looking at more options.

I also don't understand just how the mount attaches to the dash without drilling?
Is it like the Pro-Clip?

Thanks
Ed

RonShort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Robert...

I would have pmd you but I am too new here...

Are you using the iPad as a source unit in the stereo? How are you bringing the signal in?

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com
Robert
Is the holder itself metal or plastic/composite?
The arm look a lot like a Ram mount at least the one I saw on the Website looks like a Ram.
Ram makes a great mount and they also now have iPad mounts in the line.

Also they cost and are worth more than $16.00 from my vast experience using them.

I just modded an Otterbox Defender case to mount on a Ram Arm for a friend so I am just looking at more options.

I also don't understand just how the mount attaches to the dash without drilling?
Is it like the Pro-Clip?

Thanks
Ed

It's a hard plastic composite. I've used RAM mounts in the past and had vibration issues. No vibration issues with this mount at all. It's rock solid. I did a custom mount and drilled mine into the lower part of my dash, but they come with a "Pro Clip" style mount if you need one.

OP
RobertBasil

RobertBasil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.robertbasil.com

RonShort

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking into some of the solutions that allow you to connect via the digital out (going into optical) if you are interested...

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in and let everyone know what the Padholdr is made out of.

The Padholdr can be ordered with a vehicle specific base or a universal base. Both of the bases are made out of steel and are mounted behind the trim of the vehicle. No screws are put into the dash in any visible locations.

The Padholdr comes with an Aluminum arm that is 6" long (9" and 12" are available). The arm has two adjustments on either end allowing you to position the Padholdr in any angle.

The actual Padholdr is laser cut and then routed out of high grade Acrylic. The new Padholdr's have soft edges. The Acrylic is laser etched with our logo and has all of the mounting holes laser cut out for different accessories. The Padholdr comes with 2 sets of spacers. One set of spacers is for an iPad without a case, and the other set is for an iPad with a gel type case. All of the hardware is powdercoated black.

Our headrest kits are made out of steel bars that attach to the poles. The steel bars are powder coated black, and all of the hardware is powdercoated black as well. The same Padholdr attaches to the base of the headrest kit. Some other companies use plastic attachments to keep the cost down on the kits however it makes the iPad's shake as you drive down the road where ours doesn't.

All of our parts are made in Seattle, Washington. I also own a high end automotive custom shop, and that is why choosing the right parts along with having a nice finish was important to me.

Thanks to everyone that has supported my product. We are constantly coming up with new ideas from the input you have given us.

Most reactions