1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Just joined in from houston

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Jttex752@sbcglobal.net, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Jttex752@sbcglobal.net

Jttex752@sbcglobal.net iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Am wondering how to use the Bluetooth feature.....
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Probably one of the most uses for Bluetooth is a keyboard (I'm typing on one now). That will allow you to bypass the on-screen keyboard and is great if you want to use the iPad for serious typing. The on-screen keyboard is fine for entering a small amount of text but, for most people, it's too tedious for lengthy documents. In addition, of course, if you're a touch typist then the on-screen keyboard is difficult because it doesn't provide any tactile feedback.

If you're going to get a Bluetooth keyboard there are several on the market. My own preference if for a folding keyboard because it's easy to carry around with the iPad.

Other uses for Bluetooth on the iPad are for wireless headsets or speakers. Be careful, though, as some Bluetooth 'earpieces' (the sort used by mobile 'phones) are not compatible, but most 'serious' headsets work fine.

You can access the iPad's Bluetooth settings from the iPad's Home screen, then 'Settings', 'General', 'Bluetooth'. There are detailed instructions on how to set up the iPad for Bluetooth devices in the iPad manual, which you can get access to from the iPad's Safari web browser (it's pre-loaded as a Bookmark).

Tim
    Scotland
  3. Jttex752@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks. I thought the kids could use it for playing games
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Do you mean by linking two iPads together via Bluetooth to play multi-player games? Or do you want to link the iPad to another Bluetooth device? The iPad doesn't support all Bluetooth devices - for example Bluetooth printers are not supported. It's possible other Forum members may know something about playing games on the iPad using Bluetooth - I'm not a computer games sort of guy.....sorry.....

Tim
    Scotland
  5. Jttex752@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks. I was thinking of. The kids using it like their ds player and using 2 iPads to play each other'
  6. Tim SPRACKLEN

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0