What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just joined in from houston

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably one of the most uses for Bluetooth is a keyboard (I'm typing on one now). That will allow you to bypass the on-screen keyboard and is great if you want to use the iPad for serious typing. The on-screen keyboard is fine for entering a small amount of text but, for most people, it's too tedious for lengthy documents. In addition, of course, if you're a touch typist then the on-screen keyboard is difficult because it doesn't provide any tactile feedback.

If you're going to get a Bluetooth keyboard there are several on the market. My own preference if for a folding keyboard because it's easy to carry around with the iPad.

Other uses for Bluetooth on the iPad are for wireless headsets or speakers. Be careful, though, as some Bluetooth 'earpieces' (the sort used by mobile 'phones) are not compatible, but most 'serious' headsets work fine.

You can access the iPad's Bluetooth settings from the iPad's Home screen, then 'Settings', 'General', 'Bluetooth'. There are detailed instructions on how to set up the iPad for Bluetooth devices in the iPad manual, which you can get access to from the iPad's Safari web browser (it's pre-loaded as a Bookmark).

Tim
Scotland

OP
J
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Probably one of the most uses for Bluetooth is a keyboard (I'm typing on one now). That will allow you to bypass the on-screen keyboard and is great if you want to use the iPad for serious typing. The on-screen keyboard is fine for entering a small amount of text but, for most people, it's too tedious for lengthy documents. In addition, of course, if you're a touch typist then the on-screen keyboard is difficult because it doesn't provide any tactile feedback.

If you're going to get a Bluetooth keyboard there are several on the market. My own preference if for a folding keyboard because it's easy to carry around with the iPad.

Other uses for Bluetooth on the iPad are for wireless headsets or speakers. Be careful, though, as some Bluetooth 'earpieces' (the sort used by mobile 'phones) are not compatible, but most 'serious' headsets work fine.

You can access the iPad's Bluetooth settings from the iPad's Home screen, then 'Settings', 'General', 'Bluetooth'. There are detailed instructions on how to set up the iPad for Bluetooth devices in the iPad manual, which you can get access to from the iPad's Safari web browser (it's pre-loaded as a Bookmark).

Tim
Scotland

Many thanks. I thought the kids could use it for playing games

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean by linking two iPads together via Bluetooth to play multi-player games? Or do you want to link the iPad to another Bluetooth device? The iPad doesn't support all Bluetooth devices - for example Bluetooth printers are not supported. It's possible other Forum members may know something about playing games on the iPad using Bluetooth - I'm not a computer games sort of guy.....sorry.....

Tim
Scotland

OP
J
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Do you mean by linking two iPads together via Bluetooth to play multi-player games? Or do you want to link the iPad to another Bluetooth device? The iPad doesn't support all Bluetooth devices - for example Bluetooth printers are not supported. It's possible other Forum members may know something about playing games on the iPad using Bluetooth - I'm not a computer games sort of guy.....sorry.....

Tim
Scotland

Thanks. I was thinking of. The kids using it like their ds player and using 2 iPads to play each other'

Most reactions

Latest posts