What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JUST IN openiboot and android for IPAD!!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ocdetails said:
That is only because apple has had nearly a year longer in the tablet app market. The phone Android market can go toe to toe with anything that the AppStore has in it. There isn't anything you can do with an iPhone that I can't do with my Android phone. However, there are MANY things my Android phone can do that the iPhone can't. Overclock from 800MHz to 1.9GHz, for example. Wifi calling for another. Wifi tethering out of the box or with root and market apps for any phone for yet another. Widgets on the "springboard". The list goes on.

While I'm not an Apple hater or anything (I do have an iPad, after all) I'll say that the ViewSonic Android tablet currently on the market is very appealing to me and may just be what puts the iPad on ebay in my case. Give the Android OS two years and they will be head and shoulders above Apple in the tablet market. It doesn't matter who gets there first. It only matters who does it best. Round one to Apple... but there are a lot of rounds to go. Give it two years and the Tablet market will look just like the touch screen phone market does right now. And we know which OS sells more often in that one... (no, it isn't the iOS)

Two things, first over clocking your CPU is about one of the best ways to make your device die prematurely, second, "springboard" is not just a slang term for the main screen of the iPad, it is actually what apple calls it. If you go looking around your iPads system files, which I do a lot, the main page is actually an app that you can't close out of that launches every other app. And on the file system the folder that it is contained in is named springboard.app

Most reactions

Latest posts