What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just how durable my iPad is?

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So recently I just wanna share all the drops and tumble my iPad have been through. You will be amazed.

1st fall: iPad fell from my hand. As high as my chest section. It fell on its side, which caused only an indentionon its side. Wow.

2nd fall: 7 feet fall from a drawer as high as, well 7 feet. As also what happened on my its 1st fall, an indention, on the same side. No cracks on the screen.

3rd fall: It fell face first to the floor by my baby sister. She is about 1-3 feet tall. No cracks. Touchscreen wasn't working at first but a hard reset did the trick.

4th fall: Fell from my bag. First side then bounced and fell on its face. Only an indention on the side but no cracks.

I don't know if this is just luck, but I can't believe how durable it is. I have seen many drop test, all caused cracks on the iPad but mine surviving 4 falls, which most are very high.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why don't you put it in a protective case? I've owned four iPads and have never dropped any of them (they all live in cases, so that is why). At your current rate, your luck will run out soon.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why don't you put it in a protective case? I've owned four iPads and have never dropped any of them (they all live in cases, so that is why). At your current rate, your luck will run out soon.

Well thats the problem. The case broke. So I can't use it. I bought it in a apple retailer store.

There isn't a retailer in my province. No one sells iPad cases here.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well thats the problem. The case broke. So I can't use it. I bought it in a apple retailer store. There isn't a retailer in my province. No one sells iPad cases here.
Try the Apple online store, it has it's own app in the App Store.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I know it needs credit cards, which I am not fond of using.
You're right, it needs a credit card or an Apple Store gift card. To buy the gift card, you need either a credit card online or cash, credit card, or debit card at an Apple Store in person.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I know it needs credit cards, which I am not fond of using.

I think you'll be less fond if you can no longer use your iPad if one last drop cracks your screen to the point it cannot be repaired.

Invest in something to protect it. You have shared with us 4 incidences of iPad drops which to me is not good.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you'll be less fond if you can no longer use your iPad if one last drop cracks your screen to the point it cannot be repaired.

Invest in something to protect it. You have shared with us 4 incidences of iPad drops which to me is not good.

So in the scale, its very bad?

electra2008

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a silicon case, from amazon ,the screen is always visible but the casing is grippable non slip might be a good idea for a butterfingers. Also bonus for me the case is now never freezing cold on my hands.I also have a zip up case for transporting. Together both of these cost appox £20. You have been REALLY lucky so far.

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
We'll this says that you either need a good protective case like a Otter Box or Survivor, or you need to be more responsible and treat electronics better

Sent from my iPad mini using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts