What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my iPad with retina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojosodope

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just graduated from the police department last week and as a present my dad got me a 32GB white retina. This is not my first apple product. Between my wife and I we have 2 iPhone 4S's. I am wondering what apps or accessories I should get beside all the basics....thanks

Last edited:

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just graduated from the police department last week and as a present my dad got me a 32GB white retina. This is not my first apple product. Between my wife and I we have 2 iPhone 4S's, a MAC mini and she has the iPad 2 which is about to sell to get the mini. I am wondering what apps or accessories I should get beside all the basics....thanks

Well of course you will need to download the application "Police Scanner +" :p

Last edited:

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Congrats on the graduation and on getting the iPad! A good app to get some ideas of what is out there based on your needs is AppStart, has tons of info in there and it is free. And a great app, also free, to find free apps that typically cost something but are free for a limited time daily is AppsGoneFree.

stanw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well done congrats the best app I have is blue note and for £1'50 per month you can listen to all their jazz records wonderful app. That's if you like jazz but I assume you are a clever creative type

I_luv_Apple

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have the best app for the iPad! iPad forum ! I also enjoy flipboard.

Toyeboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just graduated from the police department last week and as a present my dad got me a 32GB white retina. This is not my first apple product. Between my wife and I we have 2 iPhone 4S's. I am wondering what apps or accessories I should get beside all the basics....thanks

Congratulations! I highly recommend a clear screen protector just to save the actual screen from scratches. The one I bought also helps reduce finger print smudges. You can get them for like $6 off eBay. Also I recommend a keyboard folio, it has dramatically improve the web browsing experience for me along with reducing the fatigue of holding the iPad for extended periods. Here is the one I purchased and it's great. Kensington KeyFolio Pro2 Removable Keyboard Case & Stand for iPad 4 with Retina Display, New iPad (3rd Gen) and iPad 2:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

this she case is at office depot for 99.99 currently so Amazon is the place to get it: )

WAQAS4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Toyeboy said:
Congratulations! I highly recommend a clear screen protector just to save the actual screen from scratches. The one I bought also helps reduce finger print smudges. You can get them for like $6 off eBay. Also I recommend a keyboard folio, it has dramatically improve the web browsing experience for me along with reducing the fatigue of holding the iPad for extended periods. Here is the one I purchased and it's great. Kensington KeyFolio Pro2 Removable Keyboard Case & Stand for iPad 4 with Retina Display, New iPad (3rd Gen) and iPad 2:Amazon:Computers & Accessories

this she case is at office depot for 99.99 currently so Amazon is the place to get it: )

I am looking for a good screen protector to buy, please tell me a good screen protector for my ipad 4

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a good screen protector to buy, please tell me a good screen protector for my ipad 4
get my dream screen protector brand zagg either for full body or just screen hd some people might argue its overprice but you cant go wrong with it :thumbs:

WAQAS4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mrcupu said:
get my dream screen protector brand zagg either for full body or just screen hd some people might argue its overprice but you cant go wrong with it :thumbs:

I know the Zagg screen protector, I don't like it because its contains liquid and I am not good with that.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, you mean the spray you put on the screen before you apply the film? That is just to help apply the ZAGG without bubbles and place it correctly easier. I had a ZAGG touchscreen protector on my Garmin running watch, they are very nice indeed! I get why you'd be leery though with liquid, even if it is a spray, with an iPad. I've never used a screen protector for my 2 or my 3. I just keep them in a folio Oberon leather bifold cover and close them when not in use. Not too worried. If it was a phone, you'd bet I'd cover it though! Pockets and purses are brutal!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of the application process of the zagg screen protector. I had a hard time with it, because the spray solution came out of the bottle and was in the bag! I had it on my droid phone and over the time the edges rolled up with lint getting trapped under it. Not sure if I'd get the zagg again. I think a dry application would be better for me!

WAQAS4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to know what screen protector to get. I don't want one that's too expensive and I need one with good quality without any liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts