1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Just got my ipad today!

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by zoyaislam, Jun 7, 2011.

1. zoyaislam

zoyaislam iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got my brand new iPad delivered to me by fed ex this morning, when I finally open up the box and connect my iPad to iTunes, I notice that my iPad has a scratch in the middle of the screen. I tried cleaning it with glass cleaner and soft cloth, but it would not rub off (so, it's a scratch). It's about 1/4 inch long. What should I do? Should I just live with it? This product cost me nearly 800 dollars so I would like to have something perfect in my hands...
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Definitely do not live with it!! You worked hard for that $800 and bought what you had every right to expect to be a perfect unit. Return it to the nearest Apple Store for an exchange - but worth 'phoning them first to check they have a replacement unit in stock.

Tim
  3. hazy2k11

hazy2k11 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It would be on express delivery back to them for replacement i would not put up with any marks on my ipad never mind a scratch
  4. Itzxdjx

Itzxdjx iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep replacen I doubt you'll have Any trouble trouble getting another one.
  5. Wookiee2cu

Wookiee2cu iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    If you have an Apple store near you I would go in and see if they are able to give you a new replacement instead of doing the shipping back and forth. I would request a new one instead of a refurbished unit since you just got yours. Be sure to bing all your receipts with you.
  6. zoyaislam

zoyaislam iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for all of your advice everyone! I took it to apple today and they replaced it for me no questions asked! I made sure it was new and not refurbished as well. I'm a happy camper!