What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got here

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while, reading posts and decided to take an active part in the forums.

I'm currently using an iPad 2 3G 64GB and an iPhone 4S 64GB; been using iOS devices for a few years now, mostly for writing and business-related activities.

Anyway, glad to be here!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
PDADoc said:
Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while, reading posts and decided to take an active part in the forums.

I'm currently using an iPad 2 3G 64GB and an iPhone 4S 64GB; been using iOS devices for a few years now, mostly for writing and business-related activities.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Hi PDADoc and welcome to the Forum. Don't mind at all if you lurked for a while, I remember doing it also. Doing some searches is the best way to answer your questions, if then you cant find what you are looking for then by all means post your question, there are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you. Enjoy!!

OP
PDADoc

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

I tend to lurk before participating or to help people because so many forums have been taken over by zealots to bully beginners so much that these poor people are afraid to even ask for help, which is an integral part of what the forums are supposed to be about (climbing down from the soapbox, LOL!)

I look forward to participating!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello PDADoc - welcome to the forum! :)

With the Caduceus avatar, I assume that your are a medical doctor? If so, I just retired from an academic position (Professor of Radiology, now Emeritus, at Wake Forest University Med Ctr) - looking forward to your participation - Dave

OP
PDADoc

PDADoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hello PDADoc - welcome to the forum! :)

With the Caduceus avatar, I assume that your are a medical doctor? If so, I just retired from an academic position (Professor of Radiology, now Emeritus, at Wake Forest University Med Ctr) - looking forward to your participation - Dave

Thanks, and yes, I'm a CT surgeon, glad to see other medical folks here!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I know what you mean, some Forums tend to be the private domains for a certain number of members to laud it over others who dare to join. You will find this Forum a real Community of members from all over the world and different walks of life joining together to share their experiences and learn of the iPad and then we enjoy it so much we share our everyday lives. What could be better? So glad you have joined us. Enjoy!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome also from my end!! Happy for you to join the forum!! Like Leelai said, this group is a very outgoing and friendly group. Always here to help in any way!! It's nice to see so many members that are in the healthcare field!! I, too am part of that arena-with a Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy from Andrew Taylor Still University (ATSU)! Been in practice for 18 years and love it! :)

djcarey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the iOs iPad stuff. I am in this forum to gain some insight. But how do I post? Most forums I have been in have a post new message, thread..... Option. The only thing I see is the reply to thread option . Thank

Sent from my iPad using iPF

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome also from my end!! Happy for you to join the forum!! Like Leelai said, this group is a very outgoing and friendly group. Always here to help in any way!! It's nice to see so many members that are in the healthcare field!! I, too am part of that arena-with a Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy from Andrew Taylor Still University (ATSU)! Been in practice for 18 years and love it! :)

Hi Skimonkey - just a minor hijack of the thread; but I was born in Toledo and grew up in southern MI near the Ohio border (Lamberville-Temperance area) - went to undergraduate & medical school in Ann Arbor (University of Michigan for those not aware of the geography of Michigan) - where in MI are you located (only if you care to release that information - completely up to you, of course) - Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the iOs iPad stuff. I am in this forum to gain some insight. But how do I post? Most forums I have been in have a post new message, thread..... Option. The only thing I see is the reply to thread option . Thanks

Well, I guess another minor hijack - apologize to PDADoc - sorry! :(

But to DJcarey - if you are signed in, then select 'Forum' at the top of the opening screen; decide which forum that you would like to place your 'new' thread - select that forum which will open; then there should be an option in the top left to add a new thread - select that & you should be ready to post - let us know if that works for you - good luck! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dave-I live in xx, Michigan!! I have heard of temperance...my brother in law and his family lived in sylvania, ohio- not too far from there!! Such a small world! I have many family members that have gone to Michigan state...so I have to say I am a state fan! However, during the bowl games I support both universities for a victory!! I saw some of the pictures you posted on the members photo thread...the Carolina's, such beautiful states!! You are lucky to be there with the warm weather, we are looking at some snow thursday into Friday!! That's Michigan for you!! -- Carol

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave-I live in Rochester hills! I have heard of temperance...my brother in law and his family lived in sylvania, ohio- not too far from there!! Such a small world! I have many family members that have gone to Michigan state...so I have to say I am a state fan! However, during the bowl games I support both universities for a victory!! I saw some of the pictures you posted on the members photo thread...the Carolina's, such beautiful states!! You are lucky to be there with the warm weather, we are looking at some snow thursday into Friday!! That's Michigan for you!! -- Carol

Hi Carol - yep that's why we left Michigan in 1971 (the year of my medical school graduation!) - met my wife there & we married between my 3-4th year in medical school (she's a New Jersey gal) - we were both tired of the northern weather which brought us to North Carolina - did my internship & radiology residency at Wake Forest in Winston-Salem and after 2 yrs in the Army (Ft. Bragg, also in NC), I returned to Wake as a faculty radiologist - just retired at the end of June after 34 yrs on the faculty - we really love the Carolinas & Virginia - now just plan to alternate trips to the mountains & then to the coast! Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dave, you are very lucky to switch between virgina and the Carolinas! My folks just sold their Floridian condo, which they would go after Christmas every year. It became too difficult with traveling for them- so it was sad to let it go. My mom is a retired pediatrician. My parents eloped right after she graduated and moved to the states in 1965! So they were opposite of you and your wife...going from hot to cold weather!! Funny how things work out!! Take care!!

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDADoc said:
Hi all,

Anyway, glad to be here!

Welcome to ipf,

I hope you find this forum as informative and addictive as I do!
You will find that there are many members with a great knowledge base, waiting to help you with any issue you might have.

# Don't forget to use the search function, as there is a lot of issues already resolved here.
# If you haven't already, download the user manual for free at: http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad
# Also, feel free to have a look at this thread, it gives great tips and tricks for new users: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
# Ensure you take time to familiarize yourself with the forum rules at: http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Now that you are here you will never want to leave, so have the time of your life. :)

Regards,
Chays

Most reactions