Just got here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by PDADoc, Nov 8, 2011.

1. PDADoc

PDADoc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while, reading posts and decided to take an active part in the forums.

I'm currently using an iPad 2 3G 64GB and an iPhone 4S 64GB; been using iOS devices for a few years now, mostly for writing and business-related activities.

Anyway, glad to be here!

2. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi PDADoc and welcome to the Forum. Don't mind at all if you lurked for a while, I remember doing it also. Doing some searches is the best way to answer your questions, if then you cant find what you are looking for then by all means post your question, there are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you. Enjoy!!

3. PDADoc

PDADoc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the welcome!

I tend to lurk before participating or to help people because so many forums have been taken over by zealots to bully beginners so much that these poor people are afraid to even ask for help, which is an integral part of what the forums are supposed to be about (climbing down from the soapbox, LOL!)

I look forward to participating!

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Monger

Thanks Received:
    Hello PDADoc - welcome to the forum! :)

With the Caduceus avatar, I assume that your are a medical doctor? If so, I just retired from an academic position (Professor of Radiology, now Emeritus, at Wake Forest University Med Ctr) - looking forward to your participation - Dave

5. PDADoc

PDADoc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, and yes, I'm a CT surgeon, glad to see other medical folks here!

6. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes I know what you mean, some Forums tend to be the private domains for a certain number of members to laud it over others who dare to join. You will find this Forum a real Community of members from all over the world and different walks of life joining together to share their experiences and learn of the iPad and then we enjoy it so much we share our everyday lives. What could be better? So glad you have joined us. Enjoy!!

7. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Welcome also from my end!! Happy for you to join the forum!! Like Leelai said, this group is a very outgoing and friendly group. Always here to help in any way!! It's nice to see so many members that are in the healthcare field!! I, too am part of that arena-with a Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy from Andrew Taylor Still University (ATSU)! Been in practice for 18 years and love it! :)

8. djcarey

djcarey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello, I am new to the iOs iPad stuff. I am in this forum to gain some insight. But how do I post? Most forums I have been in have a post new message, thread..... Option. The only thing I see is the reply to thread option . Thank

Sent from my iPad using iPF

9. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Monger

Thanks Received:
    Hi Skimonkey - just a minor hijack of the thread; but I was born in Toledo and grew up in southern MI near the Ohio border (Lamberville-Temperance area) - went to undergraduate & medical school in Ann Arbor (University of Michigan for those not aware of the geography of Michigan) - where in MI are you located (only if you care to release that information - completely up to you, of course) - Dave :)

10. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Monger

Thanks Received:
    Well, I guess another minor hijack - apologize to PDADoc - sorry! :(

But to DJcarey - if you are signed in, then select 'Forum' at the top of the opening screen; decide which forum that you would like to place your 'new' thread - select that forum which will open; then there should be an option in the top left to add a new thread - select that & you should be ready to post - let us know if that works for you - good luck! :)