What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got HDMI video out adapter

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty nice. It will output from all your apps at native iPad's resolution, except for video palyers which will play at full HD if your video is HD :) Even works with CineXPlayer. Now I need to figure out how to capture vide out to computer for tutorials I wanted to make...

ajstan99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a $300 adapter that would seem do the trick (although I haven't tried it myself):

VGA2USB | Frame grabbers | Products | Epiphan Systems

Also, depending upon what the nature of your tutorials are, you could take screen captures on the iPad, import them into iMovie, and do a voice-over as you zoom/pan to the applicable parts of the image. There are themes, transitions, music, to give a more professional feel. Use a program like ArtStudio to make your title slides and you can have a self-contained solution for under $10.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ajstan99 said:
Here's a $300 adapter that would seem do the trick (although I haven't tried it myself):

VGA2USB | Frame grabbers | Products | Epiphan Systems

Also, depending upon what the nature of your tutorials are, you could take screen captures on the iPad, import them into iMovie, and do a voice-over as you zoom/pan to the applicable parts of the image. There are themes, transitions, music, to give a more professional feel. Use a program like ArtStudio to make your title slides and you can have a self-contained solution for under $10.

Way too expensive to do something so simple. I have a $39 composite adapter, jailnroken iPad with display out app. Mirrors EVERYTHING PERFECTLY..lmao.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would work just the same with jail broken ipad and hdmi adapter.

Reaction score
Demandarin said:
Way too expensive to do something so simple. I have a $39 composite adapter, jailnroken iPad with display out app. Mirrors EVERYTHING PERFECTLY..lmao.

It is indeed fairly expensive, but it supports screen recording, which the composite cable does not support.

The cheapest solution for screen recording is to jb, and then use an app such as Screenrecorder.

OP
Bratan

Bratan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
It is indeed fairly expensive, but it supports screen recording, which the composite cable does not support.

The cheapest solution for screen recording is to jb, and then use an app such as Screenrecorder.

Wow that sounds even better, I didn't know there was an app like that, thanks! :)

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll need to invest in the HDMI adapter now that the 1080p 16x9 games are starting to come out for the ipad2.

Most reactions

Latest posts