What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just getting started!

bagelmaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have just found this app and excited to get started. I have had an ipad2 since late July. I have been fumbling around learning by trial and error and am looking forward to getting help and giving it if I can. I've had an iMac it seems like forever and love it. Most of my experience with computers has been trial and error. I describe my knowledge level as..I know just enough to be dangerous :rolleyes:
My first cry for help is...how do I use the FaceTime feature?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

If not already done, obtain the iPad User Guide (iOS 5 - assume you have that version on your device) - can be found HERE (select the correct manual) - look on pg. 79 which is a short chapter on using FaceTime - also another link HERE - good luck and let us know if all goes well (or not for more suggestions) - :thumbs:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bagelmaker said:
Hi everyone, I have just found this app and excited to get started. I have had an ipad2 since late July. I have been fumbling around learning by trial and error and am looking forward to getting help and giving it if I can. I've had an iMac it seems like forever and love it. Most of my experience with computers has been trial and error. I describe my knowledge level as..I know just enough to be dangerous :rolleyes:
My first cry for help is...how do I use the FaceTime feature?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

With regards your question, your iPad must be connected to wifi, launch the FaceTime app, sign in with your apple id, once verified it will ask you to input your email address. If you have a contact list already this will appear or just input someone's number to contact, of course they have to have FaceTime also.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My apologies Giradman, I took too long posting this and you beat me to the punch :)

OP
B

bagelmaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I have the guide to iPad downloaded and was ready to look at it when I joined this forum. I tried it and still have to get with those in my contacts that have the FaceTime feature. One has it on his phone and I tried calling him. It was a bit early though and he didn't answer until later but it did ring! I will be using the search for future questions because I'm sure others have asked the same things as I have. Thanks again.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My apologies Giradman, I took too long posting this and you beat me to the punch :)

Hi Leelai - no problem at all! :) Simultaneous posts seem to be common on this busy forum!

@ Bagelmaker - so far, I've used FaceTime just to talk w/ my son in Indiana on his iPad - has worked fine for us but of course he has to be available when I try to get him - just keep trying and let us know if you are successful!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bagelmaker said:
Thanks for the help. I have the guide to iPad downloaded and was ready to look at it when I joined this forum. I tried it and still have to get with those in my contacts that have the FaceTime feature. One has it on his phone and I tried calling him. It was a bit early though and he didn't answer until later but it did ring! I will be using the search for future questions because I'm sure others have asked the same things as I have. Thanks again.

If you want to test it out and have an iPhone you can facetime your iPad and have a play with it.

Most reactions

Latest posts