What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just found answer to my no 1 question

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have just posted 2 questions in my first post, and I said I could not find a plus sign to add bookmark.

Apparently, it is an arrow pointing to the right? If so, question solved thanks, would it not be easier if Apple had produced a plus sign?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, a lot of the instructions floating around on the Web contain old or outdated information and instructions. Apple used to have you create bookmarks by pressing a plus sign. However, when iOS 5 came out, Apple changed the plus sign to that curvy arrow. Since there is no way to "clean up" the Internet, information just continues to age and get behind in accuracy...

The best thing to do is to read the "iPad User Guide" that Apple auto-created a bookmark for on every iPad (in Safari). Or, the most current guides (for your iOS) are on the Apple web site, or you can download them from the App Store via the [free] iBooks reading app.

Hope this clarifies.

Marilyn

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you, will check, but now that I know, it's not a problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts