What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just finished reading my first book...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not sure if this will show up properly. It is supposed to be a picture of a guillotine I finished recently.

LDWX.jpg
It didn't come out right. I think you have to open an album in the wallpaper section and link from there.

I have a website. It's just the tip of the iceberg.

I didn't update it in the last 7 years, too much trouble...
Been doing cabinet making for 32 years and I'm getting sick of it because I can't pay for the time a masterpiece would cost and I barely make a living because of the manufacturing invasion from the east. All we have left is custom work and let me tell you that competition is murder...:sigh:

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello, I have a question to whoever finish reading book with iPad.
im curious how long did you take to finish reading a book and if you think you don't need to buy a paper book to read because of iBook.
I picked a short book since I wasn't sure if I would like reading from a screen. It probably took me seven hours over three days to finish. I don't think I will ever buy a paperback book again. I will still buy the occasional hard cover though.

sobakasu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello, I have a question to whoever finish reading book with iPad.
im curious how long did you take to finish reading a book and if you think you don't need to buy a paper book to read because of iBook.
I picked a short book since I wasn't sure if I would like reading from a screen. It probably took me seven hours over three days to finish. I don't think I will ever buy a paperback book again. I will still buy the occasional hard cover though.

thank you, won_fan!
you said reading with iPad wasn't bad, but did it make you think get a book through iBook instead of going to book store or library to read?

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you, won_fan!
you said reading with iPad wasn't bad, but did it make you think get a book through iBook instead of going to book store or library to read?
Yes, the next book I purchase will be from the iBook store (unless I can get it significantly cheaper from Amazon using the Kindle iPad app.) I look forward to buying some technical books from the iBook Store. It will be great to have reference material always with me without have to carry anything extra.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I have been reading ebooks for 10 years, and have not bought one paper book during that time. For me there is no reason to buy a paper book.

You can check it out for free. The iBooks app is free, and they have a few free books to read right in the iBooks store. Plus there are tons of free books on the net. Try http://www.inkmesh.com . Type in a genre, hit the free button and see what you get...... As long as it is in epub format, you can import it into iTunes and sync it.

Last edited:

sobakasu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you, won_fan!
Yes, the next book I purchase will be from the iBook store (unless I can get it significantly cheaper from Amazon using the Kindle iPad app.) I look forward to buying some technical books from the iBook Store. It will be great to have reference material always with me without have to carry anything extra.

wow, i can imagine how good the iPad is.
i just played with it today at Apple store, it was fun!
but i wonder how many people decide to buy the iPad for just reading books with it.
i know it got so many features to play with though.
your primary reason to have iPad was for reading books?

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Looking for downloads for your new Apple iPad? Well, you’re not the only person. The Apple iPad is one of the hottest gadgets out at the moment and has the ability to display eBooks and more in wonderful high-definition quality. Unfortunately, it can be very costly to fill it up with multimedia, and with each digital book costing around $12, it can all add up.

However there is a solution! myPadMedia is a new site which allows iPad owners to download hundreds of eBooks, Comic Books and more directly to the iPad! No limits, no delays, and no expensive bill at the end of the month!

They provide books in all sorts of genres including fiction, non-fiction, crime, mystery, romance, and more! And these aren’t books you have never heard of, they are some of the best-selling novels which are selling in the stores for $20 each!
myPadMedia also provides members with hundreds of comic books which can be downloaded to the Apple iPad. Popular titles include Spider-man, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and much more! Plus there is a ton of manga and anime as well!

myPadMedia membership also enables members to download hundreds of worldwide newspapers each and every day with the touch of a button! There’s also a heap of other extra bonuses for your iPad which will definitely come in handy when using your device.

Become a member of myPadMedia by visiting the site today. The customer support team is there to assist you 24 hours a day with almost anything! Check them out!

That's right folks, yet more spam from this rip off joint "myipadmedia". It's pretty clear they have no respect for the rules of a forum.

Always Write

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.davidderrico.com
I am a big proponent of e-books. I essentially don't read printed books anymore. I love the convenience, lower cost, adjustable text sizes, not filling up bookshelves, and having all my books with me. I have to admit that I prefer my Kindle 2 for pure reading and reading for long periods of time, but the iPad app is gorgeous and I didn't have a problem reading it for short periods of time. It's definitely very convenient to use the iPad for all the stuff it can be used for, then switch over and read for a bit. Some people's eyes are more sensitive than others, and I find the e-Ink easier on the eyes than LCD, but some people don't have any problem reading on LCD.

I've done some more e-book reading on the iPad now and updated my findings on my blog. While the Apple iPad app looks nice, I actually prefer the Kindle for iPad app for pure reading (it's not as "pretty" but I find it more functional). The good thing with the iPad is that you can get books from the iBook store, Amazon, or (I think the app is coming soon) Barnes & Noble, so it gives you lots of options.

Most reactions

Latest posts