What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just bought an iPad 4 128GB 3G in black.

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was it a silly move (being as Apple **must** have the next generation waiting to be released)? I'm just looking for some justification support. Friends have all looked skyward when i said i bought a 128 and said I really should have waited for the 5....

I was able to find the 128 as the last one on reduced price and released from "on hold" by another customer from my fave Apple Seller.

I had filled my 64GB Gen 3 WiFi only with all the electronics equipment service manuals .pdf files I use in my work and I was finding it would suddenly stop and close an App should I have too many open. I had made a huge mistake with its purchase forgetting that GPS is only with Cellular units. I already have GPS needing Apps from when I owned a Gen 2 and those Apps have been truly compromised on the Gen 3. The Retina screen in 9.7" is the BEST i must say with all those .pdf circuit diagrams....

So... What I'm asking now is will I have made a costly error buying "old" kit or is the 4th Gen still a fairly good beastie?

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was it a silly move (being as Apple **must** have the next generation waiting to be released)? I'm just looking for some justification support. Friends have all looked skyward when i said i bought a 128 and said I really should have waited for the 5.... I was able to find the 128 as the last one on reduced price and released from "on hold" by another customer from my fave Apple Seller. I had filled my 64GB Gen 3 WiFi only with all the electronics equipment service manuals .pdf files I use in my work and I was finding it would suddenly stop and close an App should I have too many open. I had made a huge mistake with its purchase forgetting that GPS is only with Cellular units. I already have GPS needing Apps from when I owned a Gen 2 and those Apps have been truly compromised on the Gen 3. The Retina screen in 9.7" is the BEST i must say with all those .pdf circuit diagrams.... So... What I'm asking now is will I have made a costly error buying "old" kit or is the 4th Gen still a fairly good beastie?

iPad 4G is a beast! I own one and it is very powerful!! Lucky you got a 128GB one. The iPad 5 will not have any big difference, except the colour and it might be a little thinner! That's all :D Keep your iPad 4G because it's the best! :D

OP
MorrisTheCat

MorrisTheCat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so I am now completely transitioned to the new Gen 4 128GB. It feels as though it's a little faster than the Gen 3. The trouble is while purchasing the new iPad I stumped for a new 15" MacBook Pro retina i7' 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD and a 3GB Airport Time Capsule.

Now comes the process of the new Mac accepting the contents on the iPad is all mine.... I've done a Backup and from my old iPad and a full Sync on its usual old Mac and then I did a Restore onto the new Gen 4 iPad using iTunes 11.1 so for all purposes it is running fine. Doing anything on my new Mac iTunes wants to obliterate so many of my files on my New iPad. I know I am dealing with the olde chestnut namely Apple's DRM but anyone any pointers on competing things?

Most reactions

Latest posts