What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John

john milligan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello one and all, first question to you, I am with Vodafone (locked) can the I pad2 be unlocked for any network?
IF so, how is it done, with Vodafone or Apple?

Kind regards John.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there!!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello one and all, first question to you, I am with Vodafone (locked) can the I pad2 be unlocked for any network?
IF so, how is it done, with Vodafone or Apple?

Kind regards John.

-I just deleted your other post which was a duplicate of this message. Please do not do this as it is against forum rules. We want to keep topics to one thread to make it easier for members to follow the discussion and assist as needed. This cannot be done when there are multiple threads present.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi John, whilst my colleagues are correct, the subject of locked iPad's is not quite so simple over here in the UK where you and I both are.

Unlike our friends across the pond, we do have the opportunity to purchase carrier locked iPads at significant discounts with an associated 12 - 24 month data contract. I'm assuming you have one of those deals with Vodafone. I myself had one with my iPad1 with Orange.

The short answer is you normally won't get it unlocked until the full contract has been completed, but to progress it you would talk to the carrier, in your case Vodafone. Apple won't have the slightest interest if you approach them directly.

But I'm certain if you have any number of months outstanding on the original contract they simply won't entertain it. Orange certainly didn't with me! But it can't hurt to try :)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
OP
john milligan

john milligan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for that information.

Kind regards John.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I would just mention for completeness, and also in case it is of interest to you or others, there is currently no unofficial method to unlock a locked iPad except for very early iPad1's which have never been updated and still have a baseband version 06.15.01. Those specific devices are probably rarer than hens teeth these days, but they can be jailbroken and unlocked with software called ultrasn0w.
:D

OP
john milligan

john milligan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dare f4780y,

Once again thank you for that...boohoo

Kind regards John.

OP
john milligan

john milligan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you smaltowngirl13, that's kind of you.

Kind regards John.

OP
john milligan

john milligan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Have e mailed Vodafone, and for £19.99 they will give me an unlocking code, but they have to get in touch with Apple so they can generate a network unlocking code (NUC) I just have to wait now, they told me it could be up to six weeks.

Kind regards John

Most reactions

Latest posts