What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Lydon Has Spent £10,000 on iPad Apps!

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Legendary Sex Pistols front man John Lydon (a.k.a. “Johnny Rotten”) has told the U.K.’s Telegraph newspaper that iPad gaming is one of the few things that he and his wife really like to spend their money on.

“I wasted—you’re the first to know this—£10,000 in the last two years on apps on my iPad. I got into Game of Thrones, Game of War, Real Racing, and I just wanted to up the ante. And like an idiot I didn’t check myself. I’ve been checked now.

“But there’s a kid in me, see? A bit of my childhood was taken from me and I’m determined to bring it back.”

It’s not clear from the article just how Lydon managed to rack up such a huge iOS gaming bill, but presumably it’s from in-app purchases, with the likes of Game of Thrones Ascent selling such pricey items as “625 Gold” for £69.99. Ouch!

Great to know that the seminal Punk legend is such an avid iOS gamer, but maybe best not to tell him that Telltale has a Game of Thrones episodic gaming series on the way!

Source: MCVUK

Most reactions

Latest posts