What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jobs seeks kill switch for JB devices

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All I meant to say, bucko, was that morons generally don't earn that kind of money. But then again, there were all of those Wall Street brokers and mortgage bankers who earned tens and hundreds of millions of dollars for putting this country's economy where it is today so maybe morons can be filthy stinking rich!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole jb movement is trivial as I see it. If people were really serious about it, they'd change of OS drastically like installing MSW. That would be a kick in the apples!:p

yeah a kick in the users apples.
Why make the device even worse?

Hey, if someone can install a version of OSX light I'll be one of the early adopters. That will also kick 'em in the apples...:)

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gates used to be Satan,now he spends a lot a time figuring out how to donate his billions.I dont hear to much about jobs' philanthropy. Didnt he used to be the cool,touchy-feelgood guy?

I respect him as a businessman and his design insight...hence my presence here discussing my purchased products.

As far as his Totalitarianism/Authoritarianism leanings,not so much..

nooris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Apple is evil, Microsoft is evil, and Google is the worst of the lot (spawn of Satan). However, there is no way that Apple can legally kill jailbroken devices. They will have a huge class action lawsuit on their hands, along with some extreemly negative press. Also lets not forget that JB is 100% legal and legitimate. Think of it kind of the same way as Apple killing all Mac computers running Ubuntu... never going to happen.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but I have a technical question, Mike you might know the answer.

There's been talk of an alleged kill switch in the iPad, if it exists, how will it work and what would the result be?:confused:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Forgive my ignorance but I have a technical question, Mike you might know the answer.

There's been talk of an alleged kill switch in the iPad, if it exists, how will it work and what would the result be?:confused:

there has been a killswitch in the iOS since before the ipad existed. No know knows what exactly its for. You can disable it in SBSettings.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We could all flay Steve Jobs with our ear buds!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGIn9bpALo]YouTube - The Simpsons - Steve Mobs[/ame]

OP
Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score

there has been a killswitch in the iOS since before the ipad existed. No know knows what exactly its for. You can disable it in SBSettings.

Where do you find it(in sbs)?

nikko1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Where do you find it(in sbs)?

you can find it in the system options, when you click "more", when you slide it....

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Apple is evil, Microsoft is evil, and Google is the worst of the lot (spawn of Satan).

Why is it that all of those people who call the big tech companies EVIL are also the primary users of their products?? Do we all want to live in the dark ages of UNIX and now Linux to be able to say we are "free" of whatever it is that you find 'evil' about a hugely successful corporation that provides a product that everyone wants and in the process EARNS (not steals) a TON of money (and provides a TON of money to employees and investors) doing it? Sorry, but I'm kinda sick of pie eaters who consider the people making the pies 'evil' while they gobble up all the pie that is available without making some of their own (sorry for the Glenn Beck moment; but some sanity needs to be restored in this nation).

nooris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Apple is evil, Microsoft is evil, and Google is the worst of the lot (spawn of Satan).
Why is it that all of those people who call the big tech companies EVIL are also the primary users of their products?? Do we all want to live in the dark ages of UNIX and now Linux to be able to say we are "free" of whatever it is that you find 'evil' about a hugely successful corporation that provides a product that everyone wants and in the process EARNS (not steals) a TON of money (and provides a TON of money to employees and investors) doing it? Sorry, but I'm kinda sick of pie eaters who consider the people making the pies 'evil' while they gobble up all the pie that is available without making some of their own (sorry for the Glenn Beck moment; but some sanity needs to be restored in this nation).

Dude, you need to get yourself one of these:

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the internet nobody knows your a ................

So be sure to let it out on these forums and save on therapy.

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dude, you need to get yourself one of these:

sarcasm_detector.jpg

When it gets said over and over, in all forms of media and discussion at some point it becomes a popular belief and not a sarcastic remark. When are we going to stop calling our own industries 'evil', sanctioning them and exporting them to other countries (such as the computer, auto, oil, and energy industries)? At some point we become a 'taker' nation instead of a 'maker' nation and that's the crossroads we are at right now.

Hal05154

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iVan, do you remember when Amazon had that issue with (ah heck, was it 1984 of all books???) a books ownership that they where selling, and remotely removed the book from everyone's Kindle with telling anyone? Same thing on the idevices. I believe that Apple did this with Google Voice when it was first put in the App Store, and then removed. I could be wrong. The the Kindle analogy is sound. That is what the killswitch is for, the removal of an already downloaded app.

This, among other things, is what make the infamous "1984 isn't going to be 1984" television commercial so hypocritical now. Yeah, Jobs is worth a bundle (primarily because of when Pixar went public, NOT Apple), but his management style is complete opposite what current managerial teaching calls for. Because of this Apple may be in a VERY bad way once it overpowering, charismatic, overbearing personality has gone the way of the Dodo bird.....

nikko1000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad jailbrek

All you people who say they shoukd disable all jailbroken devices, i don't think that's legal, because we put money into that device, after we purchase the device, he can't go off saying No, you cant use it now.... I think he only has rights to void the warrenty, in no ways should he be able to discontinue services other than repair services from the jailbreak.

Most reactions